[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Help me pimp my weapons... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Help me pimp my weapons...

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Help me pimp my weapons...

Postby FatalDiVide » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:40 am

OK, here is what I want to purchase and I would like your recommendations on what upgrades would really step up the game on both weapons, a little. I understand the sopmod is already a fine weapon, but I definitely want to upgrade the barrel, hop up bucking, and the piston. In your opinion, what would be my "must have mods" to both weapons.

SOCOM Gear Full Metal Daniel Defense SOPMOD Airsoft Gun

ECHO 1 Task Force Black Full Metal MK5A5 Airsoft Gun -- I'm not a 100% sold on this one....I want something with blow-back that doesn't break in like a day...

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” -- Earnest Hemingway

KWA SR10
KWA M9 PTP
JG MK4 Series 2
FatalDiVide

Re: Help me pimp my weapons...

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 am

Barrel and hopup are a must, a new piston is not really needed.
Fridge Gnome

Postby FatalDiVide » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:30 am

Now by hopup are you referring to the bucking, the unit, or both.
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” -- Earnest Hemingway

KWA SR10
KWA M9 PTP
JG MK4 Series 2
FatalDiVide

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 am

Bucking and the nub which is the little piece between the hopup bucking and hopup arm

if you get a KWA 2GX bucking or a firefly bucking you do not need a new nub. Or I would suggest a systema bucking with a SCS or PCS nub
Fridge Gnome

Postby FatalDiVide » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually am going to put all of this into an order list to send to Airsoft GI in a week or two. Keep em coming people. Remember your helping me be a better predator.

KWA SR10
KWA M9 PTP
JG MK4 Series 2
FatalDiVide

Postby Oven Gnome » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:47 pm

I've heard problems about the stocks on that MP5. Not just that gun, but all of em. I hear they break after a couple months. And I hope your getting sights on that G4 or a red dot unless it comes with sights hahaha. Fridge, why no new nub on those two buckings but it's needed or recomended for the Systema. And what about Promy purple buckings? Saw a post about it a month or maybe back.
Oven Gnome

Postby DMSummerhill » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 pm

i say full stock for the mp5... more comfortable and larger battery space
DMSummerhill

Postby FatalDiVide » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:50 pm

OK so how about ....

KWA SR10
KWA M9 PTP
JG MK4 Series 2
FatalDiVide

Postby Fridge Gnome » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:18 am

G&G makes good MPEG I can tell you that.

and Oven, the reason you do not need a nub is because the bucking has a different shape on the inside of the bucking, so a SCS would not work with it, and all other nubs are really the same.
Fridge Gnome

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:04 am

if your going with an MP5 go with the TM one and put a G&P light hand guard on it NOT THE CA one! and call it a day its perfect as it sits then for a CQC gun.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby DMSummerhill » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:29 am

you dont need the flash hider... spraypaint is cheaper
DMSummerhill

Postby Dannick » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm

The flash hider is a completely different model. Plus, it has 14mm CCW threads under the textured part in the front. It's also the style of all the real one's I've seen at real steal shows.

As for MP5 style/brand. I will agree with chris. the TM MP5A4 is pretty nice. I got one a couple weeks ago and just test firing it, it seems really worth it.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby DMSummerhill » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:38 pm

DMSummerhill

Postby FatalDiVide » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:16 pm

So your saying if i get the TM MP5.

Then no upgrades are necessary?

KWA SR10
KWA M9 PTP
JG MK4 Series 2
FatalDiVide

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:19 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Next

Return to Gear Discussions