[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - New AK Mag Release Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

New AK Mag Release

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

New AK Mag Release

Postby Rogue Element » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:34 pm

AK-variant owners REJOICE! Finally, an inexpensive, easy-installation, ambidextrous, single finger mag release button specifically for AK's! The AKMR from EMA Tactical - $14.99!

http://ema.plutog.co.il/viewProduct.asp ... &catID=363

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Re: New AK Mag Release

Postby zbear » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:29 am

I have never had trouble with a stock release.
Push forward with the triger fingerof my right hand
grab the empty magazine with my left hand
bring the new magazine up with my left hand and snap it in
zbear

Postby redneckemt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 am

Solution looking for a problem?

With all the AK's in the world and a fix for a "problem" is finally coming out? :shock:
redneckemt

Postby Rogue Element » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:58 am

I don't think the AKMR was created with the intent of fixing a "problem." The Avtomat Kalashnikova originated in a time where concepts like "ergonomics" and "ambidextrous" were not concerns in weapon design - rather "simplicity" was the key. This seems to be a good retrofit product for AK mag changes (ala "Stoner" style mag release button). To quote the Mad Duo: "It’s intended to allow the shooter to release the magazine more quickly, by providing a larger surface area on both sides, the front and bottom of the trigger guard. This could, conceivably, make the difference in a fight under stress, when fine motor skills degrade."
"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby redneckemt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 am

If it ain't broke why fix it? :wink:
redneckemt

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:09 pm

do want.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby kirzach » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:39 pm

I don't see what the big deal is.. I've used AKs ever since I started airsoft (my first gun was an old-school CYMA LPEG AK), and once I got a little older I even got a real one. I've changed mags quickly with my dominant- and off-hands, and never had an issue. The only people that would need this are people with L or XL-size hands, or wanna-be operators used to M4s that haven't bothered putting in the time to train with and get used to operating an AK.

IMO - Just another tacti-crapular "Solution" to a "problem" invented by the Armash*te community that thinks the AK is inferior in all ways and that rails, lasers, and $4,000 red dot sights must be placed on everything. Just $0.02 from a veteran AK-user.

P.S. - The AK's mag release paddle is already ambidextrous, and the style has been copied extensively on guns like the G3 and MP5, just to name two.
С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby grant.94 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 am

i think they're just trying to make it more comfortable to reload, not trying to solve an existing problem or anything because there isn't a problem with the ak's mag release system.
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:00 am

true. and im sorry every ak needs a Kobra.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby kirzach » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Kobras don't need tacticrapular rails. They mount to any standard AK side rail. Just sayin'.
С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 pm

▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Return to Gear Discussions