[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Trying to find the right Pantac Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Trying to find the right Pantac

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Trying to find the right Pantac

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:52 am

I've been looking around and ASGI is starting to carry them, RedWolf carries them and a few others carry Pantac too. I watched a few strength tests comparing the Chinese made stuff to Pantac Cordera...

There are just SO many styles and variations to choose from that it becomes overwhelming. I'm a pretty big kid (hence the name "Fluffy Boy"), I'm about 6' give or take a few inches, 230 pounds and I'm a freshman in high school and I still have some growing to do so I was wondering what size I need to get along with what color. I'm currently in Jackson but I'm looking to travel to Memphis or Nashville sometimes and if I don't do that I normally play with a TON of friends at my Grandfathers farm. I mainly do field right now but I kinda wanna do a mix of CQB and Field. I've been looking at running a Coyote Brown Plate Carrier but I'm not entirely for sure about the color. I would buy Multi-Cam but it just gets so expensive I just don't see the point...

I was looking at getting the RRV vest because it's only for the front and it won't make me hot in the summer because it is open in the back...But that's the problem. I like the RRV vest but I don't like getting shot in the back so I might walk away from that one unless I hear different. I was wanting something with a cummerbund so it is adjustable so as I grow that I won't have to go through a TON of vest. I want to have the sides so I can mount magazine pouches and stuff like that because I run mids and in firefights sometimes, I ALWAYS get stuck in the one place where I'm having to fire A LOT of rounds down range to keep the "enemy's" heads down... I'm most likely going to run single open top magazine pouches, admin pouch, hydration carrier (Stubby versions so I can cary the same amount of water and not have the thing hanging off the PC and hitting my butt all the time), dump pouch, utility pouch, pistol magazine pouches and maybe a drop leg pistol holster depending on how much I use my pistol.

Let me know what PC you think would best for me and post a link up so I can see it. If you have a PC that you would like to sell then PM me with a price and all the specs. I don't wanna drop $200-$300 on a PC but would settle for something under $200 shipped.

Let me know! Thanks!

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Trying to find the right Pantac

Postby Sigmarius » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:35 am

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2390

This isn't a vest, but mag pouches. I HIGHLY recommend using similar ones that are open on top with the elastic cord to hold them in. They are faster and quieter to pull a mag than the velcro top ones. I use a triple stacker and a double stacker, depending on what I'm using in a particular game.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:40 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:25 pm

I think I may have found what I've been looking for.
Here is the RRV vest that has the open back:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... ORDURA.htm
and I found a back for it that clips on and then I can have a FULL vest. It will cover the sides and everything and then if I get hot I can just unclip the back off.
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... ordura.htm
What do you guys think?
I'll probably buy some pouches and other stuff. I can also take the back plate off and they carry a backpack made just for this vest that clips on and straps across your stomach for better support and I can have a backpack. I think this would be a good idea. What do you guys think. If I want...I can even get the Multi-Cam if I wanted to since it's not that much more expensive.

Let me know what you all think about this idea.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby cypher » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:24 pm

That looks like a nice setup, but if you want pantac gear I wouldn't order it from redwolf where you have to pay extra and wait for overseas shipping.

Instead I'd get it from here:

http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/produ ... ts_id=1963

http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/produ ... ts_id=2607

Each piece is only like 2 dollars more then redwolf but they ship out of ohio. So shipping would be considerably less and you would get the items quicker.

They also have a much larger selection of pantac products then airsoftgi. http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/index ... =2a&page=1
cypher

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby cypher » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:56 pm

ASGI isn't the only airsoft website out there, just saying lol. And they are a big store so don't expect them to start carrying stock in certain items just because you requested it. For a big store like that to bring in something new they'd have to have a lot of people requesting a certain item not just one person.

But good luck getting your gear setup. Pantac makes some nice stuff so you should be happy with them regardless of where you end up buying it.
cypher

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Tpp4 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Check airsoft Canada forums bc they have a lot of them floating around cheap and they are Pantac/Phantom, that's where i got mine
1000ct Cordura is the way to go because it holds up much longer

Pulling a xandman:
ARSENAL
ALOT...
Tpp4

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:45 pm

What are the differences between this backing:
and this one:

The first one says it can be used on both the RRV and the MBSS Vest and in the picture it looks alittle funny how they have it rigged up. Would this one be better or the one that is made just for that vest.
Having the strap come ALL the way around the back on the first one looks weird. Is it supposed to just snap together? Let me know, I'm confused...Lol

Edit: Does anyone know where I can get a 1000ct RRV vest? All the ones I find are 1000D Nylon. Is that ok?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Lt. Dan » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Parafrog Knoxville has a CB or Tan Pantac RAV in stock now I'm pretty sure (unless it has sold already). If they dont have it in stock they can get it on the quick.

I'm also in direct contact with Pantac USA and just reviewed some of their gear, it is extremely durable and top quality. Im not easy on anything i have or use and this stuff aint no joke, for the price especially. :wink:
Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby cypher » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:37 pm

The MBSS back section is part of the mbss plate carrier so it will be able to hold a fake plate in it. And the RRV back doesn't look like it will hold a fake plate, and it's bigger. Those are the only difference I can really see.
cypher

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Next

Return to Gear Discussions