[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - BDUs or Hunting Camo Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

BDUs or Hunting Camo

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

BDUs or Hunting Camo

Postby Phantomsan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:21 am

I was at Walmart yesterday and all their hunting stuff was out and I thought to myself this would be great... So my question is... Does it really matter if you use military camo or hunting camo?

Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Re: BDUs or Hunting Camo

Postby wolfdog45 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:52 pm

If you are going for a military look then go with military camo. If you are just wanting camo and not military then go with hunting camo.
wolfdog45

Postby kirzach » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Jesus Christ.. do you really have to ask? This is airsoft. The whole point of airsoft is military simulation in some way, shape, or form. You can get a good set of woodland BDUs for $10 or less at any army/navy surplus store. Why would you even consider hunterflauge? Maybe if it was more readily-available than BDUs, but seriously..
С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Phantomsan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:15 pm

Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby Schütze » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Airsoft is all about creating what you think looks the most badass and actually using it in some sweet action.
If you think jeans, a t-shirt and a shemagh is a sweet look, then rock it out. Some old school bdu's can be found cheap but just go for the look that you want to sport on the field like Wolfgang said.
...and, correct me if I am wrong Phantomsan, I think you are near Knoxville, so you could check out Green's Military right next to Parafrog Airsoft on Kingston Pike, or Cherokee Military on Broadway, in Fountain City, for military gear. I like Cherokee Military Surplus better because they have a lot better size selection and its cheaper than the new crap at Green's. Cheap, in this case, means used, but worn cammies blend better anyways. Either way there is a wide selection that ranges from canteen's and ammo cans to packs.
Bottom line, get what you like and that works for you.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
Schütze

Postby BigRed1 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Wear what works best for you. Some guys like to go for a highly realistic look in all they do with airsoft. There's a place for that, I guess. But you can also make the argument that some of the hunter camo works as well or better in our Tennessee woods and jungles.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby kwaguyg19 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 pm

I was at greenes military today..I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO GO THERE......they want 54 dollars for a pair of acu pants and 74 for the acu shirt...thats way over priced you can find them online way cheaper than that. everything there is overpriced...hell even a pair of tan gloves there was 60 bucks. I dont know how they stay in business.
KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby Phantomsan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:25 pm

Yeah I need cheap right now... I am probably going to up my choice of weapon to the SR10 but the only real difference I see is that it has rails that A1 does not... Its also 100 bucks more expensive... I am also looking at the G36 Xandman is selling :P

Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby zackattack » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:31 am

I think a good mossy oak pattern could rival any military pattern
total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:28 am

C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby jonah37801 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:48 am

The shack like place in alcoa is cheap its by the airport.

thats my clothing place.

p.s. use anything you want to wear :mrgreen: 8)
-EAF- wrote:

-------- guns
aug 3 gen gearbox - turuss - de m3 trippel shotgun.
PORKCHOP!
jonah37801
AirsoftVet

Postby zackattack » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 pm

total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby kirzach » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 am

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby zackattack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:01 am

I have seen people playing while wearing hunting camo blend in better than people wearing military camo at bk and it is a whole hell of a lot better than ACU that I cant find anywere to blend in at bk unless I'm in a huge thicket of thorns or something :roll: :lol:
total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby Phantomsan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:33 am

I saw an experienced player yesterday playing in hunting camo... so meh... thanks to all of you who answered the question respectfully and I hope to meet some of you on the field soon :D

Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Next

Return to Gear Discussions