[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Airsoft goggles or mask? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Airsoft goggles or mask?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Airsoft goggles or mask?

Postby redneckemt » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Going to bump this one back to the top for the Noobs who keep insisting that glasses are fine.

Yes the US Military as members that wear Balistic Glasses instead of Full seal glasses. BUT they wear them under their helmets.

I have had BB's slide under the seal of my goggles. Wasn't a plesant feeling. Scared me fairly good. If I'd been wearing glasses I'm not sure what would have happend. The seal slowed the BB down enough that it didn't bounce around inside my goggle.

As for the guys that said getting hit in the face didn't hurt. I've seen BB's stuck in skin, Ears pierced, and teeth chipped / and or knocked out.

Why do some people insist on playing so recklessly? And why does any field allow it?

redneckemt

Postby JRR97 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:39 pm

The first time I switched to "safety glasses" due to full face goggles fogging up , was taking fire as I ducked for cover I dropped my head an got shot just under the eyebrow. I couldnt see out that eye for about 10 mins, really thought I screwed up my eye. Sealed goggles or sealed glasses are the only way to go ( just my opinion)
Also played a game today where there was 2 chipped teeth and one tooth shot out .
JRR97

Postby jonah37801 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:19 pm

OK
If you wnat your teeth shoot out wear "safety glasses" :mrgreen:
If you like your face wear a ''mask'' :mrgreen:

Your couse :mrgreen:

I perfer mask....
:|
-EAF- wrote:

-------- guns
aug 3 gen gearbox - turuss - de m3 trippel shotgun.
PORKCHOP!
jonah37801
AirsoftVet

Postby -EAF- » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:59 pm

I like glasses. I have tree cutting goggles that can be strapped to my head or be like glasses. I like the glasses because they don't fog up as fast but it is a pain to snip with. Just keep moving and they never fog up!
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby chrisdetrin » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:51 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Shifty » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:50 pm

I'd say go with whatever you're the most comfortable with. Yeah, face shots hurt, a lot. Buts heres a tip: dont stick your head out! :P

There is one danger of just using full-seal goggles (dont use unsealed ones, not worth your vision) besides hurting when getting shot in the face, you risk your teeth. There has been cases when people's teeth get shot out.
What i would suggest is one of these: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=32187
Or one of these: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=33217

Combine that with some goggles, and a shemagh or balaclava, and your whole face is taken care of! :D
If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Postby Rainbow6 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:32 pm

YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby Hunter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:22 am

Ask your dentist about a custom mouthguard. They are much better than the ones you buy at sports authority or any other off the shelf brand. I've seen a few people with chipped teeth and it is not something that I would want to go through.
Hunter

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions