[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Airsoft goggles or mask? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Airsoft goggles or mask?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Airsoft goggles or mask?

Postby js7376 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:52 pm

I am new to airsoft and have yet to see how bad it hurts to get shot in the face. Do you guys prefer goggles or masks during play? What are some good ones that won't leave your wallet empty?

js7376

Re: Airsoft goggles or mask?

Postby Phantomsan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Ventilated goggles is what I prefer.. getting shot in the face does sting... Masks with Goggles fog very easily (in my experience) or come with mesh eye protection which a BB can penetrate... Any goggle ANSI Z87compliant is what is recommended/required at a lot of games... this is what I am using ... if you are still worried about getting hit in the face grab a neoprene ski mask to go along with them (pretty cheap at walmart)...
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby chrisdetrin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:03 pm

if you go goggles. Flakjaks are cheap and dont fog easy and fit around most glasses. add defog whipes from walmarts eye department and call it a day if you have any fogging issues if you want to go the full face mask route id pick up a JT paintball mask. if you dont want the paint ball mask look you could go with a hakkotsu iron face mask and some flakjaks too
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby BigRed1 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:08 pm

It's all in personal preference. But a mask is far too cumbersome and far too "paintballish" for my tastes in airsoft.

The flakjaks previously mentioned are good, affordable goggles. I use Bolle T-80's...which I have been very pleased with.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby grant.94 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:14 pm

if you go with mask, get vents, and if you go with goggles, get desert locust
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby Hunter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Masks are a good idea for close quarter games. Goggles on the other hand are better suited for outdoor games where the engagement distances are on average farther apart. Not to mention they are less bulk and allow the use of sights.
Hunter

Postby redneckemt » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Goggles like the ones mentioned above. Mouth Guard. And shemagh

Eyes, Ears and mouth protection.
redneckemt

Postby kwaguyg19 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:03 pm

last game i played at bravo six guy shot me in face from about 10 feet away with his m4 thats shooting about 410fps....unless your just a wimp youll be fine...i mean it hurt and my welts were bleeding but it will just piss you off more than anything THE BIGGEST REASON youd want a full face is so if you get shot in the face and you get welts like me you wont have to walk around with purple/black welts all over you.(not attractive) i honestly would wear plain safety glasses or flak jackets...idk if you can get away with safety glasses but id sure as hell try.lol
KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:55 am

full seal goggles can be had for 10-20 bucks no reason to cheap out and get shooting glasses if your going to be blind for the rest of your dam life.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby BigRed1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:13 am

Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 am

▲
▲ ▲
chrisdetrin

Postby kwaguyg19 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:27 am

I lol'd ^

yeah your right chris i just hate fogging up and i hate looking like a racoon.lol
KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby js7376 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Thanks for the help, guys. I beleive I'm going to go with goggles. I don't think I would like a mask.
js7376

Postby kwaguyg19 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:46 pm

goggles like flak jackets or those racoon eye things?
KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby Churchill » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:28 am

A lot of people don't like masks for the look, if nothing else. Also, it can make proper aiming difficult, as they often get in the way of the stock. Still, if you you're not getting full-face protection, at least wear a mouth guard.

It never dawned on me to protect me teeth, and I ended up having a front tooth hit and completely shattered, requiring me to get an insanely expensive bridge. It wasn't close quarters either - I never saw the guy, and he continued to shoot me while I was on the ground sorting out bits of tooth from bits of BB. So yeah - even it's it's just a basic, rubbery guard, it's worth it.
Churchill

Next

Return to Gear Discussions