[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - DELETE Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

DELETE

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

DELETE

Postby Rainbow6 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

I have a few questions regarding things of several subjects. First of all, can Okley sunglasses be used as eye protection? The pair I have I've used at the range (real steel) and was promitted to wear them. Next, if they don't count as proper eye protection, what are a good kind. I'd like to have some that are shades in appearance, I like the way they fit on my face. And lastly, my sister's Navy boyfriend, whom I've sparked an admiration of airsoft in, wants to buy me a pair of military digi trousers for the next time we go to Secret City. I've heard that it's illegal for anyone not in the service to wear them, but I've also heard that it depends on the case.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Rainbow6 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Re: Several questions

Postby Xephyr » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm not sure regarding the camo, but for the eye protection, no. The difference between shooting at a range and at an airsoft game? People aren't shooting AT you at the range. The reason sealed eye protection is a rule is the fact that BB's CAN and WILL ricochet back in behind simple shooting glasses and that can, just like any other eye injury, cause some serious problems.

For preferred headgear, a lot of people will tell you a lot of different things. I like ESS and Revision products, but anything that's ANSI Z87.1 and/or MIL-DTL-43511D or MIL-PRF-31013 will work just fine.
Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby SchĂĽtze » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:24 pm

It is illegal for any civilian to impersonate a member of the United States Military, but there are several exceptions to that federal law. One of those exceptions permits people to basically "play dress up." As long as you don't put name tapes or ranks on the cammies you are good to go.
However, I am a Marine so I can't speak for the Navy, but we are incredibly upity about people wearing our uniforms in public. That is why it is a rarity for anyone other than a Marine to actually have a real set of Marpats. Real Marpats have an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on the left breast pocket and small EGA's embedded all over the uniform with the pattern. If a real Marine is not on base or on duty, he will not be wearing his Marpats. The only exceptions to that rule are drive throughs or absolute emergencies on the way to or from work at the base they are stationed at.
Your sister's boyfriend "should" know what is and is not allowed in the Navy uniforms. All those regulations only apply to members of the services though. You can, of course, be respectful and stick to them so that members of the service don't have reason to come ask you why you are wearing their uniform.
If you can get some real deal digis, especially woodland or desert Marpats, rock them out, but beware of the stink eye you will get if you wear them near a Marine base or around some salty SNCO's.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
SchĂĽtze

Postby Supply Chief » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 pm

11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Hunter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:01 pm

All oakley sunglasses to my knowledge are have the .22 caliber/buckshot rating. They should be plenty fine for airsoft as long as they don't fall off or a bb ricochets behind them.
Hunter

Postby Rainbow6 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks for all your help, and wearing the digis around town is not something I would do. The reason why I asked is that he told me he saw others wearing them around Secret City, but I didn't really pay much attention. I am a Young Marine am I'm entirely respectful of the uniform, and if he does buy them I will most definitely be on my best behavior and not do anything that would make the uniform/me look bad.
YM/CPL

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby SchĂĽtze » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:38 am

@Rainbow6
A bit off topic but...
That is awesome that you are part of the Young Marines unit, I didn't notice that in your signature until just now. You probably saw me this weekend if you were at the Mud Run. The team I brought over from the UTK Semper Fi Society was the one that finally beat the AFROTC.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
SchĂĽtze

Postby BigRed1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 am

Don't wear any sunglesses, impact resistant or not, in airsoft. You need wrap-around, full-seal protection so that a bb coming in from the side can do a tap-dance back and forth on your eyeball! When a good pair of goggles can be had for $20 or so, why take chances with your sight?
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Rainbow6 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:46 am

@SchĂĽtze

Congradulations!
YM/CPL

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby Sigmarius » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:23 pm

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby airsoftmech » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:03 pm

^^^^^
[sarcasm]includes nose and eyebrow protection too! you cant find that anywhere now-a-day![/sarcasm]

seriously, DO NOT GET GLASSES OF ANY KIND. goggles are the way to go... safety rated ones, there are even some that look cool!
BUY MY STUFF!
Guns and accessories.

Parts.
airsoftmech

Postby Rainbow6 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:06 pm

*sarcasm* But they have that added lip protection too! *end sarcasm*
Alrighty then, I guess I'll just stick to my flakjak goggles.
YM/CPL

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 pm

While yes, goggles are better that glasses, I would say that it would be better for you to wear oakleys than some cheap crappy brand of goggles.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby Ares51 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Cheap Crapy brand of goggles you say? This 12 guage begs to differ :twisted:
Ares51

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:30 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Next

Return to Gear Discussions