[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Needs suggestions for an AEG Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Needs suggestions for an AEG

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Needs suggestions for an AEG

Postby Devildog » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

Im fairly new to serious airsoft, but Im not a beginner. My first organized skirmish was saturday and I played alongside a team who thought I was pretty good, I played on a borrowed TM MP5. What I am looking for is an M4/M16/M416/SCAR-L type AEG. Looking to spend less than $230 on a gun shooting 3550 FPS or more,+battery (has a smart charger).
I've heard good things about G&G, Echo 1. Please offer me suggestions and if you have something for sale, let me know!!!

Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Re: Needs suggestions for an AEG

Postby Devildog » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:04 pm

*350 FPS, whooooops
Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Postby Churchill » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 am

Nashville Airsoft has this with some very positive reviews:

I own this and love it - but it'll be at the upper end of your price range once you add extras.

I'm not a fan of M4's... mostly because it seems like everyone has one, but I even like the look of NA's in the first link. Plus, you have a billion customization options, so it'd probably be a solid start.
Churchill

Postby Phantomsan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:04 am

First off Welcome to the forums... I would invite you to introduce yourself in the "Introductions" section of the forum

Secondly... a good place to start looking for a quality gun for a cheaper price (aka used) is our "For Sale" Section
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby kwaguyg19 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:04 pm

G&G combat machine mine shot 340 can get it shipped to your door for 128 bucks...get a tenergy 9.6v 2000mah nun chuck they are like 25 at parafrog... BUT ive had the combat machine and a echo 1 p90 and a few other guns...each time i always asked for people advice...everyone told me..save your money man get kwa..i didnt listen, ended up selling all of my guns...and now i have a kwa sr-10, worth the money. if you settle for something youll always want something better, and resent your decision, get kwa, you can get a regular cqb m4 for 300 (less than that if you use coupon on airsoft gi) and use that same battery i listed above...

but if you insist on not listening to me id say a echo-1 p90 is one sweet gun(shooting about 380-400 fps) and youd have some money left over... for extra mags...stuff like that.
KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:27 pm

KWA is the way to go if you want a M series rifle. TM for the G36's and m14s and the P90s and MP5s too. VFC (also makes some REALLY SWEET m4s lighter then the KWA by a pound+ but no so sure on the internals but they can definatly take along term beating none the less)or Real Sword for AK's and there china equivilents. personaly i advise saving a little more money as a KWA m4 cqb is only 270 BRAND NEW on airsoftgi with cupon code tim buy a 9.6 intelect 1100 mah battery and your good to go.
Last edited by chrisdetrin on Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby kirzach » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:21 pm

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby kwaguyg19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:48 am

Oops, I must have mis read something..gah thats awful isnt it...how could I ever do that? Omg im so sorry, Ill pray for forgivness because I misread a post. Thank you forletting me know man, how can I ever repay you.

He said Echo 1, he asked for suggestions, so I gave him my suggestion, I obviously know a M4 is not a P90, but hes not gonna be able to get a really good rifle for his price, when you include battery. get off my nuts, do you just stalk me around on here so you can make your stupid comments? Sounds like you live an interesting life.
KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby SKINDOG » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Kirzach is at least trying to help the guy and keep things on here relevant to the post. He might have been a little harsh, but I dont think he did anything so terrible. Sounds like you (KWAGuy) are making things a little too personal and you need to drop it and stop letting forum discussions hurt your feelings so much.
SKINDOG

Postby kwaguyg19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:12 pm

They dont hurt my feelings. Im trying to keep things relevant too, see I said I must have mis-read it, Go search his posts hes a a**hole to almost everyone...always giving his "protips" to everyone, knowone wants to hear that crap. He didnt need to say anything, thats the point. It's just like really dude? Like im trying to just give a simple suggestion and you have to act like your the all knowing and point out my mistake in the most A**holeish way you can, its time to grow up and worry about yourself..I dont go around pointing out everyones mistakes. Just trying to help the guy, thats all. I don't want this to flare up into another pointless arguement.and i must add that he didint contribute anything, he mentioned VFC and thats it, which is out of his price range, I know my kwa suggestion was but thats why I also mentioned something besides kwa.
Just move on with this thread and what its really about and lets not mention anymore about it.

For your price look for a used one on here there one in the for sale section, I know theres one in there but idk the brand , or a echo-1 stag.
KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby redneckemt » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:32 pm

redneckemt

Postby trevorst » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:43 pm

I was somewhat in the same boat as you on looking for an aeg, I ended up with a used kwa sr10 and am quite pleased with it. The other aeg I was considering was the ares m4 it really is pretty nice for the price and I will most likely still end up buying one for my oldest son. Lot of gun for the money.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby kwaguyg19 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:45 pm

KWA SR-10
CA M15A4
kwaguyg19

Postby kirzach » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:05 pm

KWAguy, you really are and idiot (poor grammar on purpose, FYI). I don't know what your malfunction is, but, y'know.. KWA doesn't even make a P90, so your remark about P90's was completely OFF-TOPIC. All you did was fanboy about KWA, you didn't really provide him with any solid statistics to prove your point. So when you stop being a dumbass, I'll stop pointing it out to you. Sound fair? Good.

Also, a brand-new KWA is also out of his price range once you include charger, battery, et al. So. Your argument against my mentioning VFC could just as readily be said about your idea of him buying a KWA. Regardless what you buy, finding one used should be cheaper than buying it new. Italics added for emphasis. Buying used can sometimes be a bit of a risk, but around here on TNAS you generally get good guns at good prices. If you're ever ensure of what to buy, drop me a PM and I'll review the ad for you and tell you what I know.
С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Schütze » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:58 am

The Echo 1 M4's will definitely serve you well as a starter gun, if you can find one that you like right now. Echo 1 is having problems supplying weapons to retailers still.

The ARES M4A1 found here: could serve you very well as a starter gun too. It has a full metal body and can have spring changes super easy to modify it for field and cqb games. You will have to shell out a few more bucks for a battery, but it might be worth it.

Your idea about G & G's is spot on too. You can get any of the combat machines for well under your price range, but they do not shoot over 350 fps. A new spring will be about $16 and, if you don't know how to take the gearbox apart, it will cost another $40 for labor at most shops. Then the battery will be $25 or so. Total for the cheapest combat machine, that can shoot to your specs, would be $221 or so. Here is the link to an example of the combat machine: The reason I included the ARES rifle is because the difference in price after you get your plastic G&G to shoot over 350, will only be $30 less than the full metal ARES.

I am trying to help a bunch of friends get their first rifle as well, and we are running into problems finding anything with good performance without shelling out $250 or $300. Good luck in your search, and I hope this helped.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
Schütze

Next

Return to Gear Discussions