[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Digi in the field Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Digi in the field

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Digi in the field

Postby Pinjoint » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:05 pm

My friend recently went into the National Guard, once he did he gave me a full set of digi's minus the patches and stuff. So I was also reading around and heard some people actually in service saying it can be viewed as disrespectful. This is the only set of camo's I own atm, and I will buy a diffeent set if it is frowned upon, but I can't do that anytime soon. so Is it ok or could this cause some problems?

Also on a non-aisoft related note would it be frowned upon to where for things like camo day during spirit week at school?

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Re: Digi in the field

Postby grant.94 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:58 pm

i think people would be ok with it as long as it has no patches or anything left on it, which you said were all gone.
"First comes smiles, then comes lies. Last is gunfire." - Roland Deschain
grant.94

Postby Pinjoint » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Postby Phantomsan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Thats why Hunting Camo is safer... and more respectful :P
Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby Pinjoint » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Postby kirzach » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:57 pm

On one side of the argument, you've got the "You have to earn that uniform" claim, and on the other you've got the "There's no earning the uniform; it's issued to you regardless what you do" claim. Personally, having been in the Navy, I view it as the latter. Just because someone's wearing camo doesn't mean they served in the Armed Forces.

Think of it this way: A Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, etc. fan wearing a jacket with the team's logo and colors isn't claiming to be on the team, regardless how much the jacket may look like the ones the players wear.

As long as you don't go putting tapes, patches, ranks, etc. that aren't yours on it, a lot of veterans don't really care. Putting your own name on the uniform, wearing patches for your airsoft team, and so on is fine. Just don't pretend you've earned something you haven't, like a pair of jump wings.
Š”.Š¢.Š.Š›.Šš.Š•.Š . (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Pinjoint » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 am

Well I do PT on Wednesdays and do plan on joining the marines after college. But what you say makes sence. By the way I like your Signiture.

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Postby Bayonet777 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 am

C/MAJ Kevin Hardy

Gothic Serpents Airsoft

Call Sign ARCHANGEL

FHS JROTC Hoo-Ah

add me on facebook Kevin Hardy
Bayonet777

Postby redneckemt » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:43 am

redneckemt

Postby Pinjoint » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Alright lol, thanks guys

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Postby Sigmarius » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby Supply Chief » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Just my opinion, wear what you want. If its the only uniform you have good. To be on the safe side like some said take the name tapes off, don't wear rank. Some branch's take the uniform seriously, like my chosen branch. Now are you going to get verbally torn apart for wearing marpat or another branch's uniform, no. as long as its on the airsoft field, or like you stated for school related functions your fine. But this is my opinion and not anyone's else.

P.S. Sig, i know there are some errors, but seeing as how the Marine Corps isn't known for their grammer skills please forgive.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Sigmarius » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Ha! It's ok. I won't burn you...

...this time.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby Phantomsan » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Former: Pork Chop Squad!!

UTG Black Ops Sniper (+0 mods at the moment)
Phantomsan
AirsoftVet

Postby Pinjoint » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:28 pm

Honeslty eventually I'm going to go in with my duster and go all matrix lol

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Next

Return to Gear Discussions