[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - good fitting goggles? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

good fitting goggles?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

good fitting goggles?

Postby Shifty » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Hey everyone, Shifty here. I have a question, anyone know of some good goggles that fit well around the nose, and dont fog up too much? I am currently using some arena flakjaks, which are great (fog wise) but I have this nagging problem. If i just set them on normal, there is a gap between the bridge of my nose and the nose notch. But, if i try to tighten them or mash them down, because of the shape, it pinches my nose shut (pretty close to it :| ) I know im not alone, a lot of people have trouble with the flakjaks fitting around their nose.

Anyone know of some goggles that are as anti-fog as the flakjaks, but fit better? (my flakjaks litterally have never fogged, even with a balaclava on in august) :P

If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Re: good fitting goggles?

Postby Shifty » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Wow people, almost 20 views, and NO one has ANY advice to give me? :D
If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Postby jes1510 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:51 pm

I personally use JT thermals. They are off of a Spectra mask and work great. They don't fog (thermal lenses) and fit well.
jes1510

Postby chrisdetrin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 pm

depends on how your face is built really, ess is great bet.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:42 pm

ESS if you can afford them. The turbofans or profile NVGs are amazing.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:21 pm

i have to sets of the striker series if i remember right one in black and green.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Rainbow6 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:24 pm

I use Oakley SI Ballistic goggles, but I think anything Oakley or ESS would do you good.
YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby armagedon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:56 pm

i use tru-spec goggles.They are about $20 comes with clear and tinted lense.They are so hard to scratch and
thats the main problem i have with other goggles.Once your goggles scratch up you cant see crap and then your will have to spend around $20 for a pair of lenses and you will have to change them out every season.Not
every pair of goggles are like that but cheap ones usually are.After you get that get some car/hockey fog spray.It will be around $30 for tax and everything and you will have a pair of awesome goggles for an unbelievable price
armagedon

Postby vulrath » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:34 pm

I've been using the same lenses in my Wiley-X SG-1's for about 2 years now. Still on the same 2 pairs of lenses (clear and smoke), even with these things being upgraded to my real-steel range glasses, and my normal sunglasses as well. I have some problems with fogging, but nothing a little candle wax can't fix.
vulrath

Return to Gear Discussions