[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Goggles & Goggles Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Goggles & Goggles

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Goggles & Goggles

Postby Pinjoint » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:35 am

Here's my dilema: I bought some tsd G3 goggles from ASGI a long time ago, besides a slight fogging problem I loved them... Then I sat on them and broke them :( So now ASGI doesn't carry them anymore and I hear the G2 is VERY bad with fogging. So I'm trying to find a new pair of slim goggles that won't fog a whole lot and look like this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=2697

Not this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5430

Thanks,
Pinjoint

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Re: Goggles & Goggles

Postby Dannick » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:33 pm

I ran across the same issue lately while I was looking for some full-seals to wear, especially during CQB since I'm gathering more guns that make me want to put my sniper away for a bit.

I found that Bobsters are very durable and practical, though their price-tag is around the $50 range for anything with ANSI Z87 rating. If you can afford to fork out that much money, you can have a pair of stylish and practical goggles/glasses to wear. I say goggles/glasses because they have interchangeable bands. One being normal sun-glass frames and the other, a slim goggle retention strap. With this function, you can use them for more than just airsoft. (Some of them even have it to where the foam is also removable for just plain sunglasses.)

Here is their web-page: http://www.bobster.com/default.aspx

To find the type that are ANSI certified, just type in "ANSI Z87" into the Search box. The ones labeled "Interchangeable" or "Convertible", or the PROWLER style, all have the capabilities of being turned into goggles. I honestly don't mind spending the extra money to have quality, style, functionality, and safety in the same glasses.

They do have some glasses that are around $15 that look like they'd work, but they are not certified for any high-energy impact. So really, paying the extra $40 or so bucks is a lot cheaper than paying for that doctors bill when you get your eye shot out by shattered lenses. Trust me.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Re: Goggles & Goggles

Postby Pinjoint » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:28 am

These are EXACTLY what I'm looking for, heck yeah that extra $30 is worth it, can't wait to get a pair :mrgreen:

I think I'll get the XRH Convertible, there nice lol

Guns:
Echo1 p90
CYMA m14
Pinjoint

Return to Gear Discussions