[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Smart Loadout for Versatile Players Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Smart Loadout for Versatile Players

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Smart Loadout for Versatile Players

Postby quick_trigger_cowboy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Lets hear your opinions on a good way to rig up if you are a versatile player. Are there needs and unnecessaries? Are there shortcuts or fabrications?

Versatile Player =

Its always been a basic concept that a good soldier should be prepared to face any change of circumstance or any unprepared obstacle.
A versatile player is proficient in carrying out a task regardless of the play type (Support, Ranged/Sniping, Heavy Assault, Stealth/Infaltration, Recon, etc)

Obviously, some of these operations can't be easily done if you are loaded out with 50 lbs of gear. (and the more you have on you, the more likely to break/lose something on the field)

So lets hear it guys!

-Show'em Hell, Kid

::: Battlemercs Airsoft :::
::: Mtn Men Malitia :::
::: Forrest TN Rifles :::
quick_trigger_cowboy

Re: Smart Loadout for Versatile Players

Postby chrisdetrin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:58 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby redneckemt » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Last edited by redneckemt on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
redneckemt

Postby chrisdetrin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:43 am

Last edited by chrisdetrin on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby quick_trigger_cowboy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Let's drop the arguing kids. They're opinions. You know the rules. No bashing under any circumstance.
-Show'em Hell, Kid

quick_trigger_cowboy

Postby Cypher5018 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Important stuff

Well, Flashlight, pocket Knife/multitool, some kind of rag or towel, possibly extra BB's, and thats about it for what I do. I run a DMR and tend to not get in the huge thick of things and spot for my team. Never carry more than you need, and never forget stuff that you need like flashlights and towels to wipe your glasses on.
Cypher5018

Postby m4lova92 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:18 pm

m4lova92

Postby quick_trigger_cowboy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:33 pm

I wouldnt neccesarily say that a Kbar is a "utility" knife as much as it is simply a "combat" knife. My father is a marine as well and I ran this by him before I opened my mouth. They are designed, shaped, weighted and sharpened for killing.
-Show'em Hell, Kid

quick_trigger_cowboy

Postby m4lova92 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:38 pm

m4lova92

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Chest rig or a plate carrier, lightweight pack with a hydration bladder, spare bag of bbs, propane or green gas. 8 to 10 mids+ 2x spare pistol mags, maybe a couple EE grenades, leatherman( or other multitool) radio, zip ties, duct tape, watch or other time keeping device, flashlight, spare batteries, and some speed loaders. I'll think of some more stuff later.

Edit: Paracord, Deathrag, sling.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby Beachmeister » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:42 am

My Gear

Reliable Gun
Magpul MS2 sling
X7 Midcaps
1 reserve high cap
1 Impact frag
2 "mammoth" smoke
1 cigarette lighter
1 hydration carrier
1 dead rag
1 pocket knife
1 Yeasu VX177 Radio
1 Communication headset w/ PTT
for extended durations
2 100rd speed loaders,
1 bag of bulk ammo.
bag of 4 more smoke grenades.
"Most comfortable person in a 30 mile radius."
Beachmeister

Postby Xephyr » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:09 am

Former professional gun tech. I give free repair and upgrade advice. PM me with any questions or issues.
Xephyr

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:35 am

I'd recommend the Pantac RRV or MBSS. You can attach a backing to the RRV and have a "plate carrier" look or you can attach a backpack hydration carrier to it. Use any M :mrgreen: ag pouches you'd like, dump pouch, admin pouch, and a utility pouch. I would personnaly use the backpack because it holds all the stuff you could need. As far as the MBSS, I would do the same thing except put a cummerbund on it and just put a hydration carrier on the back. Both are very versatile but I would personally go with the RRV because its open in the back and when it gets hot in the summer, it gets HOT!
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby redneckemt » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:18 am

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13076&hilit=+IFAK

Thought we'd done something like this before. 6 pages of what people carry in their gear. Ought to give you some ideas.
redneckemt

Return to Gear Discussions