[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - close please Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

close please

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

close please

Postby knoxsofter » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

I currently am running the vest that is pictured. It holds 2mags in the 2 top pouches. 1mag in each of the lower pouches. So i can hold 6mags+1in my gun. Plus if i want to i can put 1 in my pants pocket. There are 2 grenade pouches on the vest, one of which is being used for quick access for a dead rag, I like the shooting to stop quickly :) . I can put a decent sized canteen or two on the back of the belt if i need hydration. I don't like having to reach high on my vest to reload. and not being able really to carry anything else besides what i can put on my belt. What would be a good and preferably cheap alternative. Is a plate carrier worth the cost? or could i just go with a cheap chest rig. I'm stuck with what i have now for OP isotope, but would it be worth it to get something else. Any positive input would be greatly accepted.

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (160.81 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Last edited by knoxsofter on Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G&G gr16
KWA M4 2GX
KJW p226
knoxsofter

Re: Should i get a chest rig over what i have now.

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:24 pm

RRV/MBSS vests work well. You can whatever you like. I like the RRV because the bin in front folds down so you won't die in the summer heat and it is open in the back. You can attach a backing or a backpack to the back if you want to carry an hydration carrier...The MBSS is about the same except its more of a light weight plate carrier. It's all based on the look you want...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby armagedon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 pm

armagedon

Postby SchĂĽtze » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:43 am

As a guy that has a chest rig laying in the basement collecting dust, I would say keep what you have and make it better.
I also use a load bearing vest like the one you have because that is what I was issued for training this summer and its what I have become used to while running through woods. Its lighter than a vest and doesn't make you sweat like you are in a sauna.

What I did to make it "better" was to take the molle magazine pouches off the old vest and attach them to the belt that is connected to the LBV. I have pouches on the left, a pistol magazine pouch on the back, and a dump pouch on the right (never have used it). Canteens are a good thought but add a ton of weight that is not needed during the short games we play. I just throw a camelbak over all of it if I do have to take water into a game. It might not be the prettiest thing, but its what I got used to and like at this point. Additionally, the whole set up cost less than the stinking vest. I can hold 10 M4 magazines on the belt and vest, 1 in the gun, and if I really needed to could throw some in my trouser pockets. It works, and so could yours. Don't waste money on something you don't really need. Buy more magazines, bb's, or guns.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
SchĂĽtze

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:54 pm

personaly i love my chest rig it holds 10 (8 with magpuls) in the vest and i have two double double stack ak mag pouches and a dump pouch attached to it so i can hold 20 mags on the vest + my dump pouch and built in hydration carrier will hold a nice ice cold 2-4L bladder of water and i still have TONS of avaliable molle space. whole rig fully loaded weights just under 12 pounds with 20 mags or 7 pounds with 10mags. not to mention the ventalation and comfort level of the thing is AMAZING.
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Supply Chief » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:25 pm

http://www.airsoftarms.com/Specialty-De ... ont-Zipper

Try this, it the same concept as the LBV, but gives you the added bonus of being able to arrange your gear how you want it. You should be able to find them at any surplus store.
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby njohnston52 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Tan Tactical Chest Rig:

Contact info: text or call (423-443-2885) or email me at njohnston52@gmail.com
Includes:
(1) Admin pouch/ pistol magazine pouch
(3) M4 magazine pouches
(1) EMT pouch
(1) Radio pouch
(1) OD green Magpul hat
(1) OD green Magpul Velcro patch

Description:
This is an awesome chest rig. I have never used it in a game, I have put it on 1 time to adjust it. I am 5.10, 160 and it fits me perfectly. Its easily adjustable, and is comfortable. It has the m4 magazine pouches because I also I an m4. It comes with the green Magpul patch. This is an awesome rig for anybody, but especially somebody that doesn’t want to spend the time and money buying their own pouches. It comes with everything you need at a great price.

Price: I am asking $35 but I will negotiate.
njohnston52

Postby chrisw670 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:54 pm

"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Return to Gear Discussions