[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Slings: The Good, the bBad, the Ugly Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Slings: The Good, the bBad, the Ugly

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Slings: The Good, the bBad, the Ugly

Postby Oven Gnome » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:12 pm

I've been looking at slings because the one I have now gets in the way of my mag pouches. What are some really good slings? I've seen some people with lings that can detach and reattach by some kind of clip but I don't know which ones are good. If it needs a sling mount on the stock, I'd rather not spend $30+ on a simple mount.

Oven Gnome

Re: Slings: The Good, the bBad, the Ugly

Postby Fridge Gnome » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I use , it comes with a mount. The paint flakes off very easily but it works fine. If you are wanting a different sling, You can have the mount since my KWA came with one.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 pm

The MagPul MS2 sling is good. Along with the ASAP plate it is really good. There are also tactical clip slings that have the same clip that is on your gear that is close to the gun which enables you to clip and un clip it from the gun quick.
Here's one:
http://www.blackstonetactical.com/catal ... ucts_id=85

And you can also buy seperate clips based on the gun you are using or what style clip you like...

http://www.blackstonetactical.com/catal ... Path=33_59
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby KnoxVegas » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:23 pm

The mission spec Irene adaptive sling is a good choice. I have an Emdom sling that I really like too. I use mine in conjunction with a strap adapter that came with my emdom and also an ITW mash hook on my magpul ASAP sling mount. Both work great.
ODA-865 ATL -

OP:BD V - OP:I VIII - OP:NL II
Fulda '11 - OP:I IX - OP:I X
OP:LS IV - Sov Fury '13 - OP:I XI
KnoxVegas

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Fridge-Thats what I use. I like the clip design so that when I dont want the sling, I just unclip it real quick.

I like that sling, looks nice. Is there anywhere else to get it? If there's something like that on AirsoftGI, that'd be nice. I get most of my stuff from there and I'd prefer to not have to make an account for another site.
Oven Gnome

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:50 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Schütze » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:15 am

Oven Gnome, if I am recalling correctly, you are in the Knoxville area? If so, Parafrog has a ton of the Mission Spec Irene slings.

They are very similar to that Blackstone ones, but you can get them local. They are able to adapt to however you like to use your sling.

Other than that, I would go with the Magpul MS2 sling. I have two of them and they are awesome.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
Schütze

Postby Oven Gnome » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks for the link Fluffy. And I'll check out Parafrog, thanks for the info.
Oven Gnome

Postby Schütze » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:46 am

5% of accessories at parafrog today.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
Schütze

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:17 pm

If you haven't found a sling yet. ASGI now carries them.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Oven Gnome » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Oven Gnome

Return to Gear Discussions