[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Goggles, Facemask, etc? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Goggles, Facemask, etc?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Goggles, Facemask, etc?

Postby DRAGON64 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:24 pm

DRAGON64

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:29 am

My last post was based on info I was given at the Alabama forum, which brings me to my next post; here is a link provided at the Alabama forum for the best price on Flakjak goggles:

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/fltagosetnew.html

The individual who posted it highly recommended them...
DRAGON64

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:47 am

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:20 am

C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:41 am

DRAGON64

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:01 pm

I have the profile NVG series, the ones that are made for airsoft. The only problem I have had with them is that some of the layers on the tinted lenses have started flaking off. I don't use the cortex clip thing, and I think that helps alot with ventilation.

http://www.airsoftarms.com/ESS-Airsoft- ... rtex-Clip-
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby DRAGON64 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 pm

I just ordered a pair of ESS goggles off of EBAY for $25 shipped! This is where I bought them, they have 10 left:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESS-PROFILE-DESERT- ... 2362374664

So now I will have a pair of Flak Jak and a nice pair of ESS to try out.
DRAGON64

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby redneckemt » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:36 pm

redneckemt

Postby Fridge Gnome » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 pm

Isn't toothpaste a good antifog trick?
Fridge Gnome

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:10 am

I think I may have figured out what I'm going to do...
I was watching one of the Dr. Airsoft videos and he's ALWAYS talking about taking a shot between the nose and where the goggles meet and how it will go through the foam and bounce around in the goggle. Sanders said he uses the ESS Profile NVG. ESS sells the Cortex clip (The nose guard) seperatly so I could pick up a cheap pair of ESS like Dragon said and then probably find the Cortex clip on eBay for cheaper than what ESS sells them for ($20). First I'd like to see what Dragon says about the goggles. I noticed one thing. The ones Dragon ordered are the normal ESS Profile Goggles. The the picture in the link that Sanders gave has a little bump at the top with vents. This may be why you have better Air flow in your goggles than Dragon did with his. Oh well, let us know Dragon because I'd like to pick up a pair soon. Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Couldn't find the clip seperatly except for theory website. I'll still come out pretty good though. Grand total of about $55.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby DRAGON64 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:15 am

I read the description on the goggles that C0L0N3L $aNd3rS posted, and one of the biggest differences, performance-wise, is that all of the filtering foam is removed for mazimum ventilation. This can be done with any pair of ESS goggles... I just hate the thought of defiling a pair of goggles by ripping the foam out. Obviously, there are more differences between what C0L0N3L $aNd3rS posted, and what I purchased, but the maximum protection remains the same. When I get the ESS goggles I plan to strip the foam.
DRAGON64

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:13 am

Exactly. My dad has a pair of turbo fans, but with the foam still in them they still fog up. And fluffy, that bump is for the ESS goggle fan to go into, my dad's turbo fans came with the same clip. It can still be removed though.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby Devildog » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Can someone post a link to the anti fog wipes? don't see em at my walmart
Forrest's TN Rifles 43rd Regiment "Boone's Rifles-The Grey Ghosts"
Mtn. Men Malitia

"Ghost" Balaclava

KWA M4A1 Carbine, Tan furniture

Cerebral Hemorrhoids, is what occurs when one has his head up his arse too long
Devildog

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:48 pm