[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Boots Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Boots

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Boots

Postby Oven Gnome » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:04 pm

I've been needing some boots and with Christmas rollin around, I need to choose some boots I'd like. I found a site (http://www.militaryboots.com/bates/?srt=4&kwid=519) that sells retail military boots. Since the ones in the url are the least expensive and my parents wouldn't be much for the more expensive boots, this is basically all I could get. I know nothing about Bates's quality or sizing/fitting, so does anyone know if they are good boots (preferably lightish). I'm looking at the 8" Sport SZ, 6" C3, and 5" Tactical Sprt CT SZ.

Oven Gnome

Re: Boots

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby swimpat16 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Oven, if you are around the Knoxville area, look at the Army Navy surplus store in off of Maryville highway. (http://www.google.com/maps/place?cid=87 ... yville,+TN)

I got my boots there for $20. Work just fine for me. The $20 are only black, but they have others as well for a little more.
swimpat16

Postby kirzach » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:14 am

http://www.militaryboots.com/mens-bates ... ashocks-st

Those are the boots I was issued in the Navy. They're fairly comfortable once you break 'em in properly, steel-toe. Mine look like hell by now, but they're still good boots. A little on the expensive side, though.

As an aside, when I saw this thread my first thought was "What about boots? They go on your feet, not your head, but sometimes up your ass."
Š”.Š¢.Š.Š›.Šš.Š•.Š . (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) - Monolith Black Guards Unit

Fraud Mods - Bringing down the hammer on self-righteous punks that think they're above the rules. Making the world a better place, one ass-kicking at a time.
kirzach

Postby Supply Chief » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:43 am

Bates are really good boots, but I highly recommmed you try them on. The reason being is that bates tend to run a alittle bit smaller in boot sizes . They are really comfortable, and they do hold up really well. The other reason for trying them on, is that they are listed under military sizes. Meaning, I wear a 9w in issued boots and a size 10 shoe. So if you purchase based off what your normal shoe size is it may not work out so well, meaning you might end up with clown shoes.

Just a quick reference from the brands i have used over the past 11 years and counting,

Danner if you can afford them get them. Will hold up, tend to feel alittle heavy on the feet
Bellevue- great boots, comfortable and not that expensive compare to danners
Altima- used to use, they make a really great jungle boot.
Bates- Hit or miss with them, they will hold up but the sizing issues tend to make things really hard. But out of the 4 brands listed they are good for the price range. There tactical style boots are really good for running,

-supply chief
11 YEARS I met a man wearing a funny hat, five seconds after meeting him. I came to realization that he was infact kicked out of hell for being to mean. Damn Drill instructors, Semper Fi plt 2110
11 down 9 to go

PORK CHOP!!!!!
Supply Chief

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 am

If you want bates boot I vote one of these two,

I really recommend Altama Exospeeds. But, any running boots made by a good company are cool.

Military boots in imo are very comfortable. My favorites are Altama Exospeed (a type of running boots) and they are very comfortable.

But the best idea is to try them on, go out to U.S. Calvary and you can find a lot of types of boots. I was about to buy a pair of Altama Hoplites that were on sale, but I went to U.S. Cav and really disliked the way they felt on my feet.
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP .45

H&K, Not a single compromise since 1949
Ross

Postby Borscope » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:56 am

+1 to Army Navy & More, the "boot room" is hidden in the back.

Corcorans are my choice. They're the terminator of combat boots. I wore my uncles, worn during the Korean War, outgrew them, and got my own much later. I'm wearing the "field boot 2" and I play airsoft just so I can have an excuse to wear them (j/k I wear them to work). The box toe is great too, keeps pressure off your toes. The current ones have "anti-stank" in them too which works very well.

Socks are important too. Get some good, cushioned hunting/hiking boot socks and forget the GI trash.

I got a pair of 12E w/ steel toe I keep meaning to put up for sale. Only reason I don't wear them is I lost weight & my feet shrank to 11.5E. You can kick a hole through a brick wall with 'em.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Oven Gnome » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:01 am

Are the boots at Tractor Supply Co. like hiking boots? (like the over priced stuff at Dick's Sporting Goods?) And that Navy surplus sounds good...everything else sounds more expensive, haha. Would just simple hiking boots work nice?
Oven Gnome

Postby Borscope » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:17 am

Your best bet is the surplus joint, you'll probably spend half as much for twice the boot
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Ross » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:59 pm

KWA MP7A1
KWA USP .45

H&K, Not a single compromise since 1949
Ross

Postby Oven Gnome » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 pm