[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Chest Rigs For The Good Ol Bigguns... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Chest Rigs For The Good Ol Bigguns...

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Chest Rigs For The Good Ol Bigguns...

Postby DRAGON64 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 am

...or the big ol goodn's.

I'm a big guy, and I am rather unhappy with my battle belt, as it just will not fit my waist band. Dieting comments aside, what kind of rigs will work with a fat American?

I run 5-spare M4/M16 mags, a small radio pouch, a small info/gadget pouch, and a hydration pack (all MOLLE). I also run with digi woodland uniform, and would like to adhere to a Marine loadout. As for Marine, it will not be to strict, as the only digi woodland uniform to fit a fat American only comes in after market ACU cut styles...

Picture without H-harness, hydration pack:

Ideas?

DRAGON64

Re: Chest Rigs For The Good Ol Bigguns...

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Glad to see you back. I would recommend a Pantac RRV since I'm such a gear whore and like my stuff Mil-Spec. Pantac also makes a M4 chest rig. No MOLLE so you can't move pouches around but it gets the job done. I personally like the RRV. It reminds me of a plate carrier and a chest rig hybrid. You can flip the bib up and have a plate or flip it down and just have a chest rig. It also has backing that Pantac have so you can carry a rear plate or a backpack that attaches to it very securely.

I would recommend ordering from airsoftsmith.com. They have just about EVERYTHING Pantac that Red Wolf has and they are out of Ohio so its cheaper shipping. Free shipping over $125.

M4 Chest Rig:
http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/produ ... ts_id=2627
RRV:
http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/produ ... ts_id=1963
Backing for RRV:
http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/produ ... ts_id=2607
Hydration backpack for RRV:
http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/produ ... ts_id=1904

Edit: They sell all of this in different colors but since CB is the most veratile, I thought I would post it...
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby xghostmakerx » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:12 pm

If you did not want to go Pantac you could get the Condor RRV which is the same thing but not as nice but is cheaper. I am a bigger guy and that is what I used until recently. You could get the OD one and add some pouches and that would match your marpats just fine.
xghostmakerx

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:43 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby BigRed1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Dragon, I'm a big fella too (52" chest, 40" waist). An esteemed player who now works with Parafrog steered me toward this chest rig a while back, and I could not be happier with it:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE138-1.html

Plenty of room on me, and plenty of room on the rig for magazines, etc. Even comes with a hydration carrier and six mag pouches!
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby LimaGulf » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Glad to see I'm not alone 3xl shirt size and 44 waist. I like big red1s chest rig and it's cheaper than durt
LimaGulf

Postby DRAGON64 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to really shop hard to get good fitting gear... thanks for all of the hints guys. Bigred1, I believe I'll be ordering that rig, I think I can make it work!!

Fluffy, thanks for the links, I could not decide on any given design, until Bigred1 offered up a similar rig at a pretty good cost. Merry Christmas again to me...
DRAGON64

Postby BigRed1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Glad I could help....just passing along what was passed to me. Hope it works out well for ya!

PS -- I run mine with marpat/digital woodland, and it looks pretty fly, if I do say so myself :lol:
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:18 am

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:07 pm

That first picture, You look like you have that think hooked up to liquid water bottle bombs. Haha
You could run into the little rooms in CQB and hit a Button and everyone is dead. Not a bad idea though...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby chrisdetrin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Return to Gear Discussions