[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Grenades Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Grenades

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Grenades

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am

I don't see too many discussions about grenades all that much so I thought I would ask, which ones seem to work the best in certain situations/certain game types (CQB, Field, Mil-Sim)? Who tends to make the best grenades and which ones do the best job (Exploding, Stun, Smoke, Flash)? I'm just curious to see what most people tend to use and what works the best. Been thinking of picking one up at some point but if there are too many cons that out weigh getting one then I'll just pass...

I'm mainly talking about the hand grenades but if peopke want to voice their opinions on who seems to make the best grenade launchers, shells, etc. Then by all means, jump in to the discussion!

Thanks ahead of time for the input guys!

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Grenades

Postby Fridge Gnome » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:58 am

I'm fairly sure the discussion of pyro is not allowed.

But if you mean gas grenades than its fine.
Fridge Gnome

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:46 am

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:47 pm

My Tornado grenade kind of sucks. The timing mechanism is messed up, it takes the thing like 10 minutes to go off. Thunder B's have the same problem too I think. Easter Egg grenades seem to work best, along with cold burning smoke.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:11 pm

What about Flash Bangs and stun grenades? I've heard good and bad things. Mostly that its hard to find one that is reliable...

I've looked at the MadBull, Deep Fire, and the Hakkotsu...These have been getting mixed reviews. Some people take the Hakkotsu ones and fill them with BB's. Loud bang and blast... Also, What is the real difference between using C02 and Green Gas in them? Louder bang?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby SOAP » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:18 pm

I like tlsfx strike top dry pea grenades at 5 dollers a pop.They are economical but they are hard to throw because they are light just my opinion.you can but them at the warstore.org
Echo1 m14
jg s system with m203
jg bar10 for sale 15 dollers needs new sears
If its not tactical its not practical
Gunfire is the sound of freedom
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
SOAP

Postby phucheneh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 pm

uh, well, you can't exactly flashbang someone. all you have are those dumb noise grenades, and if you actually use one of those on the field, i fully hope someone clocks you for it.

otherwise, you have the aforementioned easter egg/dixie cup grenades and smoke.
phucheneh

Postby BigRed1 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 pm

I don't want to throw something on a field that costs so much $ I have to worry about finding it, retrieving it, and getting it back. That's why I stick with the Easter egg grenades -- and use them prolifically :D
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby redneckemt » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

redneckemt

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 am

I may just pass then. I may however look into some smoke grenades though. Being that I primarily play a DMR role, the more cover the better (most of the time). Are there any good brands or places to buy smoke grenades that tend to work the best? I rather not have to go pick them up later (like BigRed said)
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby phucheneh » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 pm

phucheneh

Postby Seth T. » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:41 pm

The closest thing to a real flashbang I've seen for airsoft is the TLD-GR20, but i think i read somewhere that you can't own them in the U.S. That would be the one distraction grenade that I'd actually buy though.
Seth T.

Postby redneckemt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:46 am

redneckemt

Postby phucheneh » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 pm

i know, i totally agree. i was saying the 'normal' airsoft grenades work fine for room clearing, which is generally the same thing a flashbang is used for. and most people pack them with an m90- which is a lot less bang than an m80, also advertised as 'm1000's and various other things. seems like about 1.5-2x a normal skinny 'firecracker' to me, at best. won't shatter eardrums and not going to harm anyone unless they pick it up and close their fist around it. hell, most of the those 'flashbangs' will cause more bodily damage if they contact you while detonating.
phucheneh

Next

Return to Gear Discussions