[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - RRV? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

RRV?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

RRV?

Postby Shifty » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 am

Hey all. Been looking around for a new vest, and thinking about getting a Rhodesian Recon Vest. I like the style, and the overall function of the rig (seems versital)

But, I dont really know much about them otherwise. Does anyone on here use one? Got any pics?

Thanks!

--Shifty--

If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Re: RRV?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:10 am

Been looking to get one for a while. I've been trying to get an Eagle Industries one in CB but they are rare as hell. The Pantac is a really good solution. It is a VERY versatile vest and it even has its own backpack made especially for it as well as a back plate to make it more of a plate carrier.

If you go to Airsoft Smith they have just about EVERYTHING Pantac (ASGI is starting to get more and more but they are lacking some of the pouches, backpacks and back plates that Airsoft Smith has.

Shipping is free over $125 and they ship out of Ohio so even if you don't hit the $125 mark, it still won't be as bad as paying cross country shipping from ASGI or World Wide shipping from Red Wolf (the only other retailer besides ASGI that sells Pantac in the US that I know of).

Link: http://www.airsoftsmith.com

Also, Here's a video of a guy with the vest plus back pack and then a guy with the vest plus back plate and backpack:

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby thejohnson98 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 pm

ive used similar rigs, only problem is you cant carry alot of gear, or at least i couldnt comfortably. When i carry alot of gear i wear a full blown plate carrier or IBA they seem to work better, but even for small stuff i would prefer a straight up simple chest rig with enough MOLLE for ammo pouches. But an RRV may be better for you, thats just my experience.
Remember children this is just airsoft.
thejohnson98

Postby Shifty » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:11 pm

If in the end I have succeeded, it means that you are dead. And I am in one piece :P
Shifty

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Look at the Wasatch/MPS design. The real ones can be had for $200, and Condor, Pantac, Flyye, and King Arms all make them. Theyre pretty good rigs.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Also too. The RRV is "Fluffy Friendly"... :lol:
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Return to Gear Discussions