[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Helmet Camera? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Helmet Camera?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Helmet Camera?

Postby Tactical Donut » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:36 pm

I'm interested in owning a helmet camera so I can show my friends what it's like to play airsoft from a person's point of view and hopefully get them interested. But the thing is I don't know what kind I should get or how to really mount one on my helmet. I would like to hear some personal recommendations on helmet cameras and where to obtain one at a good price. I'm not looking 1080P or anything fancy. Just a decent one.

Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Re: Helmet Camera?

Postby Dannick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:55 pm

The one that I've had a great experience with and have also heard great things about is the Contour HD (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=7421). Comes with the mounting hardware you'd need, and more. It has great battery life and quality, even if you don't use 1080p. Most, if not all of the Overwatch videos were filmed using that very camera.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Tactical Donut » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:07 pm

Looks expensive. D:

I was thinking of this one: http://www.tachyoninc.com/xcmicro_2010.php
Tactical Donut

Postby ProfessorCrow » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:54 am

I've heard some terrible things about the audio quality on those Tachyon Action Cams.

With the Contour HD you can clearly pick up conversation in a good radius, as well as any other sounds you'll need in airsoft.

Like Airsoft, when it comes to cameras (Especially ones as small as these) you get what you pay for. ;)

-CroW
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby Tactical Donut » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:04 pm

I guess I have no choice but to save up some more money.
Tactical Donut

Postby ProfessorCrow » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Here's the tachyon. The audio sounds like when some moron uploads a clip from a movie that he recorded on his camcorder on the television.

Here's an Overwatch video, filmed entirely on the Countour HD. Notice the incredible difference in quality?

It's your money, spend it wisely.

-CroW
Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby Tactical Donut » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm

I see what you mean. This is making me contemplate some more.
Tactical Donut

Postby Rhoades » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 pm

i actually heard the audio quality was due to a sticker that needs to be removed that covers the mic... pretty sure it was on the one with the muffled audio... could be wrong but something to keep in mind.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby seal sniper » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:52 pm

If you get the contour, get the GPS version. It has a better mic and it's cooler
Fear no evil, shun no labor, lift up rifle, pike, and saber To Arms!
seal sniper

Return to Gear Discussions