[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Wire Mesh Face Mask Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Wire Mesh Face Mask

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Wire Mesh Face Mask

Postby trevorst » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:03 pm

I have still been researching it, the wire mesh costs $31 +shipping Its a 3'X3.5' sheet of wire mesh the same as bitter end very tight weave and really strong, it would probably do fine of course it would be best to wear protection underneath.

After looking at my WIley X's I believe I could crank out a pair of these in about 5 minutes. Would similarly be just as easy to cut out a pair for ESS's or FlakJackets. If enough local people (tricities) wanted a set I would buy a sheet and sell for materials used.

I agree somewhat with the Michigan poster that it still doesnt protect from bb shrapnel, his test though is somewhat biased. I would not wear mesh for CQB under any circumstances at least over my eyes, but in the field.... meh ya I would.

Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby redneckemt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Bio BB's will shatter at normal ranges.

Are mesh goggles aloud at many fields?

I know we banned them from day 1.
redneckemt

Postby Dannick » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Some fields allow them, but it's one of those things that you use at your own risk.

I normally don't like mesh eyewear, but I've been testing some that Overwatch's "Black Market Supply" has gotten in at the field at Bad Karma and they work great at longer distances. While I was reffing I was hit from about 75ft (I consider this a close distance for field) right in the face, and the BB only left a small scuff on the mesh. (Here is the type I've tested: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/combat-gears ... black.html) I also shot them from about 150ft away with my sniper rifle (550 fps on .4g) and it only left a small dent which was easily tapped back out.

As stated in a previous post, I would never recommend wearing mesh goggles in a CQB environment, or even in field where you may enter CQB type areas.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby redneckemt » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:24 pm

Try them with Bio's...
redneckemt

Postby trevorst » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:05 am

As far as I know all of the fields in the tricities allow mesh. I plan on getting a mcmaster-Carr order up (gonna make a few mosfets anyways....). The mesh on this steel is a little tighter than most, I do fully intend on testing it with bios, that's all I use anyways...

My play style and the weapon I use if they are within 50ft of me they are under my MED and I have either been asleep to let them get so close or they are super stealthy...anyways will test them at close range and let you guys know the result.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby gungin » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:49 am

i ware mesh masks all the time at tas you all know this (my skull mask or bleach one) none of witch ever failed me tested with a 420 fps JG from 50 ft only mufd the paint if you buy the cheap china made ones yes fear them they can only withstand like 200-250 fps buy the good ones with steal mesh witch can hold up to 400-500 fps.
gungin

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue May 03, 2011 8:01 am

before procedding with reading this post it is compleatly useless you have been warned.

why isnt this dead...
  ▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Rhoades » Tue May 03, 2011 8:12 am

Completely useless...

I've been using my BitterEnd goggles for about two months now keep in mind they are stamped steel. I have used them in cqb and field. I was hit in the eyes at less than 20ft. Nicked the paint but nothing entered my eyes. Intact I didnt even realize I was hit in the face until later in the day when I.noticed the paint gone in 5 places with absolutely no dents or bends in the steel.

So ya this thread is completely useless ...rollseyes... lol yes that's sarcasm.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby Saint » Tue May 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Mtn Men Malitia
Co-Founder Forrest's Tennessee Rifle's: Jonesborough Rifleman
Attended 2010 Airsoft Training Day
Fulda Gap: Nato: 4.3 (I Took a Nap At Fulda Gap)
D-Day 2010 German, D-Day 2009 United States
Halloween Hellfight 2008 Special Forces
Saint

Postby Rhoades » Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 pm

You know you have control of your own subscriptions on threads... just unsubscribe if you don't want to hear anymore about it. Rather than complain about someone necroing a thread your only making it more active.

... but I guess complaining is easier.
Parallel 38 - Bravo

Rhoades
AirsoftVet

Postby chrisdetrin » Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 pm

▲
▲ ▲
guns:Asahi M60,TM P90,TM m16a1 with King arms M203,TM Glock 26, KWA sr-10 with CA m203, Echo1 249,m4a1,UTG l96s, UTG trishot.
chrisdetrin

Postby Irishman » Tue May 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Really guys?Really?
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby gungin » Mon May 09, 2011 1:11 pm

FART.......
gungin

Postby Big Jon » Mon May 09, 2011 6:31 pm

This has become the Keith Richards of forum threads. Every time I see it I wonder why the hell isn't it dead yet?
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby -EAF- » Wed May 11, 2011 7:56 pm

I believe because people will keep posting in it until a mod locks it do to useless posts.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions