[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Radio/Communications SetUp Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Radio/Communications SetUp

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Radio/Communications SetUp

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Hey guys, I really want to get some communications gear. I think I have figured out everything that I will need. What do you guys think?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=33065

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=32836

and of course a radio! Im getting some type of Motorola Walkie Talkie. If anyone knows of a better(cheaper) setup. Please tell me about it!
Thanks guys

aaGEORGEaa

Re: Radio/Communications SetUp

Postby vulrath » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:03 pm

Eh, I'd go with the DEVGRU version, if I even wanted something of that style at all. It's pricier, but guaranteed to hold up much better. Remember, with this stuff you get what you pay for. That's why my radio and most of my equipment for it are all Motorola.

What kind of radio are you looking at? "Bubble pack" or commercial-grade? What's your budget?
vulrath

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 pm

I forgot the exact name but its a motorola I'm buying from a friend. Its a really good one but its not a mil spec one haha. I mean I don't need the best of the best. Just something that will make it easier to communicate with my team mates
aaGEORGEaa

Postby Sigmarius » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:44 am

I used the one you linked, and it's good, though there are a couple of flaws.

First off, it's loud as hell. I ran a Talkabout on it and had to keep the volume at the bare minimum and it STILL hurt my ears when some nublet hit his call button because he's dumb.

Secondly, the style you're looking at makes it almost impossible to hear what's going on around you, since it completely encloses your ear.

I would recommend getting this one instead: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info ... s_id=33066

Works the same, uses the same PTT connection, but since it's an open frame, you have a little bit better peripheral hearing than with the one you linked.

I've used both, and prefer the second one.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Postby peyton » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:33 pm

go asgi.com for your comms they come with the ptt.
peyton

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:24 pm

Well i just bough a Motorola Talkaboput, Cavalvy TASC Tactical Headset, Z Tactical TCI Tactical Headset Cable & PTT, and a bunch of other new gear(Multicam).
aaGEORGEaa

Return to Gear Discussions