[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - camouflage testing Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

camouflage testing

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

camouflage testing

Postby Battalionier » Sun May 29, 2011 11:52 pm

This evening we decided to take some pictures of different camouflages in the same exact environment to see how they compare here are the pictures.

note this testing was not done to prove one camouflages better then another it was done just for the fun of it.

they are
us woodland (ok copy)
us marpat (good copy- better then the marine standard issue one we had)
us tigerstrips (good copy)
us multicam (good copy)
russian partisan summer (russian standard issue)
russian partisan autumn (russian standard issue)
russian spectre (russian standard issue)

all together

in tree

in bright grass

in front of bright tree

on dirt

in grass

in front of tree

on dirt next to green plant

in bush

among green plants

on grass next to tree

next to log

in sand

on rocks

in large bush

Last edited by Battalionier on Mon May 30, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Battalionier

Re: camouflage testing

Postby Battalionier » Mon May 30, 2011 12:07 am

when we were taking the pictures it was the evening and shaded/cloudy so we will hopefully take some more in sunny environments and see how these camouflages do.
Battalionier

Postby Battalionier » Mon May 30, 2011 5:03 pm

added pictures from second day of testing
Battalionier

Postby That Guy's Dad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:12 am

Batt, nice images.
The Russian patterns do very well in several environments. I look forward to disappearing in the Russian Flecktarn-d suit....

Cheers,
jim
Purveyor and Promulgator of "backyard hillbilly games"
<source>Cowboy, mid-January, aught ten: "get that guy's dad"</source>
=> Who Dares, Whinges
That Guy's Dad

Postby SekiRyu » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 pm

I would post a test with my JGSDF camo and Australian, but I'm afraid I might not be able to find the JGSDF jacket once I put it out in the field. :lol:
SekiRyu

Postby Dobe » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:12 am

Interestingly enough, the spectre camo(the last jacket right) seemed to blend in extremely well, even more so then the marpat.
Dobe

Postby hicks » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:54 am

Where did you get the Russian Partisan camo? How expensive is it?
hicks

Postby SchĂĽtze » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:38 am

Nice project!!
It would be nice to see something like this with someone actually wearing the utilities because the main purpose of wearing these designs is to break up the human form in the environment. Just laying the jacket on the ground can only show so much.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
SchĂĽtze

Postby echo214 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 pm

too bad acu beats all...
echo214

Postby ProfessorCrow » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Like Overwatch on Facebook!
Daytona Gun GBB MK48 Custom - KWA MK23 with LAM- TM Spas 12
ProfessorCrow

Postby Smartkid312 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Acu beats all? :evil: Acu is a good urban camo but when put in woodland it sticks out like a sore thumb. Now when u compare it to us woodland, multicam, and especially spectre and jsdf your just dumb really dumb for real. Now US woodland is a pretty good camoflague even though many people downgrade it.
Jg g3 foregrip on the side and some sparying and praying. Now an m4 shooting 30 rps and maybe even more. Go team cold blooded rangers! When I'm playing on black team you can call me Tapout(thanks to gunny aw gunny). HOOAH!
Smartkid312

Postby Hannahia » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:18 am

Just how bored are you guys tonight?
Hannahia

Postby NavySEALs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:20 pm

NavySEALs

Postby MILSIM » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:15 pm

The Army is not switching to Multicam. It is issued on a SNAFU priority in Afghanistan only. It is not authorized in garrison, since the SMA is holed up in his man cave beating it with a couple of samples. There is yet ANOTHER camouflage pattern coming out to replace Multicam and ACU, though whether or not I will see this before I ETS in a year and a half is not definite.

ACU does work. I can't believe I said it, but it does work. It was designed to blend into an arid mountain environment. Our brigade just came back from Fort Carson in Colorado, where we were training in our ACUs up in the mountains. I couldn't believe how many times I lost my guys in the trees. I would emplace my 240 teams in one spot, my riflemen in another. I'd come back to check on them and I'd be at a loss to find them.

The main problem with people judging camo is that they typically can only get their hands on the chinese knockoffs. These use cheap synthetic dyes that contrast colors too much. A compounding issue is the use of garrison uniforms from surplus versus FRACs, which are printed on a darker, yellower and rougher weave of flame retardant fabric. Garrison-authorized ACUs are bright white/blue and gray. They fade quickly, rip easily and stick out like a sore thumb in Kentucky/Tennessee woods, yes. The FRACs fade to a darker yellow and gray after use. They retain red mudstains and darken as you wash them. In country the rough material picks up the Afghan soil and darkens them to a lighter brown, which again stains as you wash them.

FRAC Multicam is amazing. The rougher, darker material, the proper dyes and proper pattern lets it work exceedingly well in most environments. I'm talking woods to desert to woods all in one day. Chinese multicam is made with those shiny synthetic dyes that don't let multicam work the way its supposed to. There's too much tan and brown, not the green and white that makes it work so well. That's why guys in faux multicam look awkwardly tan in the woods, and stick out in the open because of all the horizontal brown stripes. The green and white wash out too much.

If you're going to Colorado- get some FRACUs. If you're on a budget...M82 Woodland is your best bet. If you can afford it, KLMK is like Russian multicam: it just does...things that make it work. In a building, it looks like a crayola green engaged in mortal combat with a monotonous gray game of tetris, but once youre in the woods, you disappear.
You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Wed May 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Last edited by NOWWHATSUCCER? on Wed May 09, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Next

Return to Gear Discussions