[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Silicone Spray Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Silicone Spray

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Silicone Spray

Postby Irishman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 pm

Paintball guns and airsoft gas guns have pretty much the same seals so im gonna say yes that should work

''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby Hydr0 Shok » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:59 pm

I already told you where to get silicone oil, and by this time you could have just ordered it.
Hydr0 Shok

Postby trevorst » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:10 pm

Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:43 pm

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Dannick » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:38 am

It's really not that hard to find some form of silicone lubricant. Anything that is safe on automotive and the like o-rings and seals will work just as well on an airsoft gun. O-rings are still rubber, and if it doesn't harm that, it's not gonna mess with your other stuff.

Another place you can look if you want more options is a local RC shop. They sell stuff there that's like shock oil or something, that comes in varying densities. Most of the time, it's 100% silicone liquid. You just need to apply a drop or two of this stuff every couple hundred rounds and it should last. You really want to be careful with how much lubricant you put on your guns, especially GBBs. Many people just load it up with silicone and wonder why it doesn't run as smooth as before... In my experience, my guns run best when I clean (and dry off the excess lube) after every game, give them a light lube on all moving parts, magazine gaskets, and o-rings with a drop or two of silicone liquid, and just use normal propane. I don't bother putting any more silicone oil into the propane, as I don't usually run my pistol for more than 4-6 mags worth in the day and the stuff I put in it when I cleaned it lasts the entire time. All my GBB pistols have been cared for this way, and I've yet to have a problem with any of them.

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 am

I'll check my local RC shop then.

Almost every place I've gone has Silicone oil but when you look at the ingredients it has Petroleum Byproducts which your not supposed to use.

I'm still messing around with the Paintball oil to see if it would work. It should seeing how the operation of both is near the same...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Going from what Dannick said, Could I just put a light coat of Super Lube in the gun and run straight propane?
Just trying to see because I have a bottle of that and if it won't hurt then I can get that fairly easy and cheaper too...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby echo214 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:42 am

i use Lucas Shock Oil from the local hobby shop down here. its 30w, but it seems to work just fine putting 3-4 drops every 5-6 mags or so. but i also lube all the orings and such lightly every few times i use it. i havent noticed a difference.
echo214

Postby Hunter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Hunter

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Update: Just went out and shot. Ran "Extreme Rage" Paintball Silicone Oil mixed with the propane and didn't have a single problem. Just need to get an O-ring so the magazine won't leak and mess around with the hop up and I'll have it up and running.

I'll look and see if Super Lube will be Ok to lube it. If not, a Q-Tip and the Silicone Oil will do just fine.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Hopefully this will help others out that rather find something local to lube their guns.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:26 pm

I use R/C silicone shock oil. It's available at any Hobbytown USA, should be around $5.

You shouldn't need all that much oil, so one bottle should last you quite a while.
vulrath

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions