[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - winter time camo Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

winter time camo

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

winter time camo

Postby KWAs R BEAST » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 am

So as we all know here in TN and other sothern states,the winters are gloomy, no leavs on the trees,and an occasional snowfall,and that poses a challenge when trying to blend in. I am curently using Digital woodland and i dont think that is going to be all that great come winter time and i dont know if i should just stick to my DW or get another camo specificaly for winter. So any suggestions from my fellow airsofters?

Team Mobile Infantry
KWA M4 RIS
KWA M2 m1911
KWAs R BEAST

Re: winter time camo

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 am

I would say that Multicam or MARPAT would be your best bet, Multicam works for me during the summer, and I still use it in the winter, but the darker colors of marpat seem to work better during the winter.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby KWAs R BEAST » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:12 pm

What do u think would be the cheapest place to get a pair of MARPAT BDU pants?
Team Mobile Infantry
KWA M4 RIS
KWA M2 m1911
KWAs R BEAST

Postby MILSIM » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 pm

i got mine at a website for a surplus store in Barre, VT pretty cheap. i think its www.barrearmynavy.com. mind you its chinese knockoff marpat but it worked very well, especially once it faded and wore in.
You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby Big Jon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:31 pm

It's going to depend on your surroundings. Like Sanders said, MC is good year round choice, MARPAT works well if there is evergreen in the area, and I know a lot of players swear by desert camo when everything is dry and brown. Look around and decide which fits your area best.
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby MILSIM » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:45 am

Multicam only really works when you get it dirty with dirt and mud from the environment you are in. You can see newly issued Multicam stick out like a sore thumb against Afghan terrain, (or so Taliban LLVI told us... :D ) but the stuff thats been washed and faded and coated in a good layer of dust works extremely well.
You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Postby Rogue Element » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:26 pm

You might want to explore the new ATACS camouflage pattern. I haven't field tested it in the fall season yet as it has only been on the commercial market for less than a year, though I did wear it during this spring, and it worked very well before everything became lush green. Being a new pattern, it's going to carry a premium price - around $140 a set (Hey, if your going to spend premium $$ on a KWA, why should you compromise on your uniform?). On a related note, a new variant, ATACS-FG (Forest Green) has been given a official release of November 2011 and showcased at the 2012 SHOT SHOW

"Strike with Chaos!" -Sun Tzu
Rogue Element

Postby Dobe » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:02 am

ATACS looks good, but if this winter is anything like last winter, and by that I mean we actually got snow, wouldn't we benefit from a snow pattern hunting/military camo? PS, where can you buy ATACS gear and BDUs?
Dobe

Postby KWAs R BEAST » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:39 pm

I REALLY like that ATACTS camo,looks great and just by looking at it,it looks like it will be good and your right,iv forked out a ton of money on my KWA,why scimp on my uniform? If ima do it,ima do it right
Team Mobile Infantry
KWA M4 RIS
KWA M2 m1911
KWAs R BEAST

Postby Schütze » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:00 pm

One set of the ATACS utitilities is made by Propper so just google ATACS and you will find a hundred places to buy it.

On topic though, I usually wear the old 3 color desert military camo in the winter because everything gets tan and dead for the most part, especially at all the grassy fields in/around Knoxville. Since I am assuming you aren't a Marine and can wear our MARPAT in public, you could keep wearing the MARPAT woodland digital or pick up a set of the MARPAT desert digital to wear in the winter. I wouldn't go for an actual winter pattern to wear for airsoft because I wouldn't take my rifle into a situation where its cold enough for there to be snow on the ground.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
Schütze

Postby Dobe » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:31 pm

I think it would be a blast to play airsoft in the snow, but everyone is has their own opinions. Cold weather wouldn't cause AEGs to have problems would it?
Anyway, back on subject, I've heard stories about people using desert colored camo. I can see how it would help in fall and winter, but during summer I don't know how it would fair.
Dobe

Postby Schütze » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:15 am

Cold weather makes materials in your aeg even more brittle so that it is more likely for your rifle to break.

KWA KM4 RIS
Magpul Masada
G&P Troy M7A1 CQB Rifle
KWA M9 PTP Tactical
Schütze

Postby Irishman » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:49 pm

hey worst case your gearbox cracks open......big deal right?
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Return to Gear Discussions