[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Help with gear painting. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Help with gear painting.

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Help with gear painting.

Postby knoxsofter » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:07 pm

So I have an OD green rig(which consists of a nylon vest,mag pouches, and 2 fastmags) and am wondering how i could get it to look this color.if possible.

G&G gr16
KWA M4 2GX
KJW p226
knoxsofter

Re: Help with gear painting.

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:43 pm

I would go out and get a dye but before you dye your whole rig you should get a piece of it and test it out. See if it comes out the way you want it. If it does then soak the whole rig but if it doesnt try messing with the dye until you get the color you want.
aaGEORGEaa

Postby Borscope » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:08 am

Blanco
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby knoxsofter » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Alright. Is there anyway to spray-paint it, or would that just make it look really bad. Any specific type of dye i should use?
G&G gr16
KWA M4 2GX
KJW p226
knoxsofter

Postby zackattack » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 pm

you can use krylon outdoor spray paint but it will make everytinhg stiff
total knife kills 20.
zackattack

Postby Irishman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Yeah and krylon flakes on cloth too unless you put a buttload of clearcoat on it.Best bet is the dye
''Heart and mind overcome all"
Irishman

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Cordura seems pretty tough. Real deal guys spray their gear, I think that would be the best bet. However, if you do dye, make sure you experiment and test extensively first, so you don't end up with a rig that you dont want anymore.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby aaGEORGEaa » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:53 pm

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21399

Go to the bottom and there you will see my BLACK vest that I painted to be TAN. I used Krylon Camo Paint NonGlossy
aaGEORGEaa

Postby knoxsofter » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Alright ill give krylon a try and will update on the results. Thanks for all the help. I like how that vest looks super used.
G&G gr16
KWA M4 2GX
KJW p226
knoxsofter

Postby Dysfunxn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 am

http://fabricspraypaint.com/page/Colors ... stery.html
I've seen some people use fabric/dye spray that turned out pretty nicely
Dysfunxn

Return to Gear Discussions