[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Chest-rig concerns. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Chest-rig concerns.

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Chest-rig concerns.

Postby Wall-Hitter » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 am

Hello to all of the fellow airsofters out there.

Well, the issue for me is being able to fully optimize a chest-rig or an LBV without some sort of fit/feel that seems to keep me from running comfortably, so if I may ask the help of the more experienced gear-heads it would be greatly appreciated, so here are my questions:

1. What kind of chest-rig would you suggest for 150lb, 6'3" male?

2. It is impossible for me to find anything decent in my local surplus stores that really screams out my name,
Do any of you have any specifics websites you could suggest(state-side e-tailers if at all possible)?

Thank you for whatever information/suggestions you have, every bit of information is worth it.

Thank you,
Nick.

I am War, with my Horse and sword I ride through the endless corpses cutting down all who survive, I am one of the bringers of the Apocalypse.
Wall-Hitter

Re: Chest-rig concerns.

Postby vulrath » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:00 am

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CH0Q8wIwAg

I'm betting something like that, set up for low weight (least number of pouches and lowest weight possible), would work well for you. A lot of the guys here like them. If you really want to go strange and extremely low weight, you can find a MOLLE bandoleer (manufacturer escapes me at the moment, but I believe it's Condor).

I on the other hand, prefer a more typical plate carrier. With the number of manufacturers and styles, there is something for you out there.
vulrath

Postby Big Jon » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:36 pm

The bandoleer you speak of is made by Blackhawk. Works great, I have had one for a couple of years now, no complaints.
Legion of Ares
Big Jon

Postby vulrath » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:01 pm

I thought Condor made one too...Maybe it was the shotgun scabbard I was thinking of.

Either way, thanks for the correction!
vulrath

Postby KnoxVegas » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 am

Wall-hitter, there are 3 very important questions you need to answer.

1. How much money do you want to spend on the whole setup?
2. What do you want to carry on your rig? (How many mags, tools, hydro, radio, grenades, etc.)

And lastly, if not most importantly;
3. Will you ever change your rig for new weapons, loadouts, etc.

Answer those questions, and myself and the others will be able to better help you out.
ODA-865 ATL -

OP:BD V - OP:I VIII - OP:NL II
Fulda '11 - OP:I IX - OP:I X
OP:LS IV - Sov Fury '13 - OP:I XI
KnoxVegas

Postby commando11 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:09 pm

BDS tactical frog chest rig..Holds 12 mags, hydration carrier and has 2 enormous pouches on left and right side and a roomy admin pouch in front..
Andrew Widener
Owner - Tri City Tactical & Shooting Supply
tricitytactical@gmail.com
commando11

Return to Gear Discussions