[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - So I am trying to figure out how I want my loadout to sit Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

So I am trying to figure out how I want my loadout to sit

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

So I am trying to figure out how I want my loadout to sit

Postby m4sherman » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Well I have Decided to do a "theme" to my airsoft load-out, but I dont really want to go with the usual Military style. The direction I am wanting to go with my set up is that of someone who has captured the equipment of a dead russian Para trooper, I will call it the wolverine! .

So far this is what I have gathered thus far.

One JG EBB Series AK-74U with 5 extra mid caps
5 AK magazine pouches (will only use 3)
Some German Camo (had trouble finding russian)
A Belgian Gas-mask (10 bucks for face protection)
an AK74U drop case (lucky score of the day)
My italian backpack

What I have left to look for

VZ-61 airsoft
VZ-61 leather holster
Converting one of my Romak bayo's into a training blade
a couple of airsoft grenades
a small radio
a helment of some type.
A Russkie style red dot (this will go on my Real AK so it wont be cheap :cry: )

so what else do yall think I could use to "style" up my uniform. most of this stuff will go into the pack during play but since I have alot of this junk laying around I figured why not go all out. also if someone makes a makarov I will probabaly get one of those instead of the 61

m4sherman

Re: So I am trying to figure out how I want my loadout to sit

Postby RSLP » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:42 pm

You loadout seems awesome, however I worry about the gas mask. To be safe I'd go with ANSI Z87.1 goggles or a full face mask (Save Phaces are awesome).
RSLP

Postby vulrath » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:08 pm

I've seen people wear gas masks before on the field. Let's just say it wasn't fun for them. Plus, a lot of times the lenses are made of glass, and that makes them unsafe for field use.
vulrath

Postby Seth T. » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:57 am

I run a Finnish M61 gas mask occasionally. They're really hot to wear during summer, but nice in winter. I like the full face protection that one provides too. You just have to know if your mask is safe for field wear. Test the lenses in different spots with different guns (Including guns over field limits with heavy BBs, you have to be prepared for that faggot kid who sneaks a gun in shooting 100 FPS over limits.), and as long as you see no signs of wear/breakage you should be fine. Many masks will need to have the lenses swapped out for ANSI Z87 rated ones before they're ready for field play, but that depends on your specific mask. I'm personally a big supporter of gas masks, they provide good face protection, they're more realistic than a mesh mask/goggles or a paintball mask, and they're just as good as any goggles as long as you have the right lenses.
Seth T.

Return to Gear Discussions