[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - So, I purchased a headset without PTT. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

So, I purchased a headset without PTT.

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

So, I purchased a headset without PTT.

Postby vulrath » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:55 am

I purchased headset for my Radius P1225 radio last night (not from there; I found a sweet deal on ebay). It's not a dealbreaker, but I just realized that it doesn't have an inline PTT. I know someone makes an adapter for it, as I've seen them in person. Now that I'm looking for one, they've all scattered to the wind, never to be found again. Anyone know where to find a 2-prong PTT adapter?

vulrath

Re: So, I purchased a headset without PTT.

Postby That Guy's Dad » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Here's one:

Caveat Emptor -- I am not claiming that the above will work with your headset. We have has mixed results with a combination of those type PTTs, fake Bowman headsets, and Yaesu radios. It may be worth asking that 123radio place what PTT options they recommend for your headset.

Cheers,
Jim
Purveyor and Promulgator of "backyard hillbilly games"
<source>Cowboy, mid-January, aught ten: "get that guy's dad"</source>
=> Who Dares, Whinges
That Guy's Dad

Re: So, I purchased a headset without PTT.

Postby vulrath » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks. I found that one too. I also found a Motorola one that costs the same as the headset. I'll most likely pick one of those up, but I wanted to see what less-expensive stuff I could find.

What I really wanted was to be able to use an IASUS PTT (the Sniper Magnesium was what I wanted). My problem is that after the PTT, I'm dumbed down to a single jack (this is the problem with all the aftermarket PTTs I've found - it's 2-pin from the radio, yet 1-pin going to the headset). I may just end up building a custom adapter with parts from Radio Shack.
vulrath

Return to Gear Discussions