[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Ballistic Eye-wear Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Ballistic Eye-wear

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Ballistic Eye-wear

Postby Dobe » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Of course, this is by far one of the most important pieces to anyones airsoft loadout besides their rifle. But, if your like me and you happen to be half-blind and wear glasses, it adds to the problems of finding eye wear. I've been looking at Revision since they are, from everything I have read and heard, the best at what they do. I've found two things of interest; Hellfly ballistic sunglasses with optional perscription lenses (http://www.revisionmilitary.com/hellfly.html), and the RX carrier(http://www.revisionmilitary.com/rxcarrier.html) for their ballistic goggles.

My question is, has anyone ever had experince with the RX carriers?

Last edited by Dobe on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dobe

Re: Ballistic Eye-wear

Postby Aerosmith » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:07 am

I tried them once and found them a bit uncomfortable. Instead I got oakley goggles with my my prescription until I switched to contacts.
Aerosmith

Postby Dobe » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 am

I've tried contacts twice now and have decided that they are not for me. But thanks for the info, I'll take a look at the Oakleys.
Dobe

Postby vulrath » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:02 am

Oakley, Wiley-X, ESS, any brand that offers ANSI Z87.1-rated eyewear with either a prescription insert or replaceable prescription lenses. Or, you could with your glasses and a pair of goggles that go over them.

I'm blind as a bat as well, except I've grown to love my contacts after I got the prescription tweaked for real-steel shooting about a year ago. With the exception of a small period where I avoided them due to eye allergies, I've been wearing them pretty much nonstop.
vulrath

Postby Dobe » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:00 pm

I looked at Wiley-X's website and you have to have a military ID to order their goggles with perscription lenses.
Dobe

Postby vulrath » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Then take the frames and lenses that come with them to your local optometrist's office. They'll charge you for it, but they'll put your lenses in there if it's doable. I almost had that done with my WIley-X SG-1's when I saw that my prescription was worse than what they carry.
vulrath

Postby That Guy's Dad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:36 am

For airsoft, full-seal goggles may be preferred over the glasses style. Since we enjoy the humidity of the Southeast, the fan version helps to reduce fogging. (reduce, not eliminate)
Several people use the ESS model below. My ESS goggles have the prescription insert, which you order from their other site; it's odd but they combined both items into one shipment for my order. You can either get them to create your prescription inserts or do it locally, as vulrath suggested. You asked about experience, these work great, I have no complaints. Make sure you have a spare AA battery at all times.

Here is Revision's version:

I don't know where you hang your hat, but local optometrists --Eyear Optical around Chattanooga, for example-- should carry Wiley X full seal models for you to pick and get inserts. I have a pair of these but fogging is incessant in airsoft games. So I wear them in the car; my son says they are my old man glaucoma glasses.... Get off my lawn.

Good luck,
Jim
Purveyor and Promulgator of "backyard hillbilly games"
<source>Cowboy, mid-January, aught ten: "get that guy's dad"</source>
=> Who Dares, Whinges
That Guy's Dad

Postby trevorst » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:47 am

Amen.

I have honestly never had a pair of goggles fog as much as Wiley-x's. If I could find mine I would probably give them away, worthless.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby ShawnB52 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I wear oakley m-frames with a hybrid lens. I had the option to get a prescription lens with them when I bought them but I wear contacts. Ill admit the price of oakleys is a bit steep, 135.00 for the sunglasses and 50-100 for extra lens but after wearing them while playing airsoft and working in them the price was well worth it.
Op: Falcon (2008) Bluefore
Op: Junior Varsity (2009) Estonia
Op: Maple Leaf (2009) Canadia
Op: D-Day Invasion (2009) German
Op: D-Day Invasion (2010) USA
Fulda Gap (2012) Warsaw Pact
Op: Hat Trick 3 (2013) Tan
Op: Red Storm East II (2013) American
ShawnB52

Postby Dobe » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Dobe