[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Anyone use a POV camera? Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Anyone use a POV camera?

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Anyone use a POV camera?

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Been looking at POV cameras lately (Contour, GoPro, etc) to film during games, and other sports activities to male some pretty cool videos. I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with them and could recommend one to me or reccomend one over the other.

Thanks guys!

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Anyone use a POV camera?

Postby goga333 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:22 pm

I have a contour HD1080p gets the job done with a fairly light and sleek frame plus pretty tough to boot. The only down side to it is the audio quality but for pure video quality it is awesome.
R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby goga333 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:11 pm

R.I.P Big D.
goga333

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Weird, video isn't in full 16:9...
I know what the footage looks like at 30 FPS so I think I'll go ahead and pick one up once I sell a gun.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby trevorst » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Fluffy if you watch Amazon you can catch the ContourHD for right at $100-$120, great camera.
Tokyo Marui M14 SOCOM DMR
PolarStar Fusion Custom SR25
Lots more....
Μολὼν λαβέ
....If in doubt pinkie out.
Greater is an army of sheep led by a lion, than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
trevorst

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby NavySEALs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:46 pm

IF you are still looking at cameras my teammates have both. From their reviews the contour HD seems to be better to use in game that the GoPRO. The complaint that they are having with the GoPRO is that it is bulky. If you want to do some work or make another purchase I would suggest purchasing/making a case for the contour as Ours has been shot out.
NavySEALs

Postby chrisw670 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:35 pm

One of the guys on our team has a Contour and it's shot some very nice video. Been thinking about picking one up myself.
"The problem with people today is they talk about their rights and privileges instead of their duties and obligations" - Lou Holtz
chrisw670

Postby -EAF- » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:11 am

If you want to go HD then get a GoPro. They work out pretty good for that and have very nice footage. But if you want just normal then Contour would be the way to go. I think they make a HD Contour but I can't remember....
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Return to Gear Discussions