[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - ghilli suits. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

ghilli suits.

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

ghilli suits.

Postby russellvilleairsoft » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:52 pm

A question for people woh ware ghilli suits or camo up to hide,i was wondering if ghilli suits were helpful or just a pain in the butt. when i go to wars i bring mine just incase. but it winds up to be more trouble than helpful. is this the same for you all

russellvilleairsoft

Re: ghilli suits.

Postby devildog316 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:28 am

They can be a pain in the butt I always carry mine to, but Ive learned that if you can find a good spot people will walk right by not looking twice and its a easy day but having to pick all the stuff that attracts to them is a pain
devildog316

Postby vulrath » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:01 pm

If you know how to hide, then they're largely unnecessary (in my opinion). I've been able to hide standing still in the open while wearing a black shirt, multicam pants, and a tan-and-green plate carrier (seriously, teammates to the left and right - guy on my left gets shot, guy on my right gets shot, but I get ignored), and I've been able to hide in full black. I've also been able to hide laying on a decent-size hillside wearing just a black shirt and multicam pants, while holding a bigass black rifle (all 4 feet of my KJW M700). It's all about situational awareness, and knowledge of your environment. They make it a little easier, but it's still on you to know where you can and cannot hide.

My personal opinion (take away what you will) : people wearing ghillie suits on the airsoft field are walking heat strokes. Not worth it.
vulrath

Postby ReaperM14 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby vulrath » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 pm

My point is that if you know what you're doing, you can hide wearing most anything - those were just the weirdest situations I can think of that I've been in. I'd much prefer to have a multicam top and pants set. I've heard good things about ATACS, too (a friend just picked some up, and while he hasn't gotten to field them yet, they have pretty significant potential).

My personal chest rig is OD green with khaki pouches. When I have occasion to wear it (IE runnin' the P90), it helps to break up my silhouette in the place of the camo pattern it's covering. If I'm not at least carrying an AEG, I'll stow the carrier and run the air hose for either the GBBRs or the M700 from a small assault pack a friend gave me, or run spring sniper rifles with a lot of speedloaders.
vulrath

Postby BigRed1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:23 am

I agree with Vulrath...while ghillie suits may start conversations and be interesting on the field. I can't imagine wearing one here in TN all day. Like going into battle as a wookie!

To the point of knowing where to hide, however....I must not know the secret. Usually, people I'm fighting say, "Let's ignore the other targets and concentrate all of our fire on him!"
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Gavin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:48 pm

Well, I bought one, and they're actually some SERIOUS camouflage. I mean, people have stepped on me, no joke. (It makes you feel just that cool when people step on you :D )
Getting to my point, you can't feel, hear or see yourself getting hit. You pretty much need to guess if your hit when you wear one. thus, I don't snipe or use a ghillie suit any more, but still, they are as much an invisibility suit as you'd think.
Gavin

Postby NOWWHATSUCCER? » Wed May 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Yes and no. If I don't feel like running around I will ware it and use my sniper. But I don't ever feel like it and it is mostly a pain.
NOWWHATSUCCER?

Return to Gear Discussions