[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Goggles: full seal vs. Glasses Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Goggles: full seal vs. Glasses

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Re: Goggles: full seal vs. Glasses

Postby Lancer » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Personally, I think that the chances of ever getting a ricochet inside of your glasses and then into your eyes is pretty much non existent. But there is that chance.

There is a far greater danger, however, in driving anywhere we go or riding a bike somewhere, even going up and down stairs and potentially falling. The chances of one of those things critically injuring me is far greater, in my opinion and experience (not me obviously, but others I know) than the risk of a BB finding it's way into my glasses from a small slit and then ricocheting into my eye in such a way it will cause lasting damage.

The moral of the story, we all take risks, most of the time we don't think about it. We could all be safer, but we do drive that 10mph over the speed limit, or do any number of things. I really don't think that full seal vs. nearly full seal should be a big concern, and if it is then I would imagine we are choosing the wrong battles to fight when it comes to safety.

Lancer

Postby killertn » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Going with what others say, I think that full seal goggles should be a must. I have never had a problem with fog. I use ESS goggles with the foam pulled out, and these never give me trouble. I can understand why some people dont like them, but its not worth being blind over. Lets say that places started to let players use shooting glasses. The second that someone gets shot in the eye, we will never hear the end of it and it will look bad not only on the sport, but aslo the field they were playing at. People are saying that we take risks every day doing other things, but thats not the point. Sure something may happen, but how many things will cause you to go blind for the rest of your life?
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/myfragisfubar]
[/url]

Rest easy Big D.
TM VSR-10 G-Spec
KWA M9 PTP
killertn

Postby 1MCLMM » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:14 pm

The problem here Jake is that were trying to reason with idiots. :lol:

Thank god people in this world are dumb enough to risk so much for so little. Makes it easier for smart folks to get ahead.
How is it that 3/4's of everyone at every airsoft game is either a former SWAT commander, SF, Ranger or SEAL?
1MCLMM

Postby SekiRyu » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:41 pm

SekiRyu

Postby Kermit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 am

A kid at a field I went to almost lost his eye wearing safety glasses, they no longer allow them. The first couple bb's knocked his glasses off, the next one hit his eye lid. Given, They had to retention strap or anything.
Kermit

Postby Borscope » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 am

We've had a pair of high-end safety glasses (prescription too!) get broken by BBs, the player now wears Bolle 800's.

Out in the open, no, not too much chance, but particularly in buildings/close trees/etc. ricochets really up the variable. Why bother taking a chance?

Just wear full seal, and check out my post in gear discussions regarding swimming goggle fog wipers
http://www.amazon.com/Wide-i-SW-50-Swim ... _ai_ps_t_4
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Postby Clayton0912 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:28 pm

I'm not a fan of full seal goggles. I run with a mesh half-face mask which covers my cheeks, mouth, and nose very well, and a pair of mesh glasses. Together they protect my entire face while staying low profile and fogless.
Loadout:
KWA SR7
KWA KP45
Clayton0912

Postby Dannick » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby Borscope » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:41 am

I wear the Bitter End stamped steel full seal giggles just like you described, love them.
Parallel-38 Bravo Co.

"If it bleeds, we can grill it" ~Me
Borscope
AirsoftVet

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions