[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Battle Belts Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Battle Belts

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Battle Belts

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:49 pm

I was thinking about picking up a chest rig for doing target shooting and moving while under fire practice but I saw a video about using a battle belt for the same thing and not having to have the whole chest rig on. Also, Being that there aren't any fields out here, I hardly go to games and I rather buy something that I can use for other things and when something does open up here, I can add a chest rig on and be set.

I did a little researching and found that the HSGI is one of the better battle belts out there but the price is a little high so I was wanting to know if anyone has experience with this battle belt in particular or if there are other battle belts that are just as good if not better that someone could recommend. I'm not wanting to wear suspenders with the battle belt, just the belt itself.

Thanks guys!

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Re: Battle Belts

Postby killertn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:56 pm

I have a few friends that run the HSGI battle belt with a cobra belt inside. These things are INSANE. They are worth every cent you put into them. If I am not mistaken, they also have a lifetime warranty.

Another brand that is a little cheaper but still nice is the ATS Tactical battle belt. It has a layer of velcro that goes around the bottom that allows you to attach things like drop leg holsters/rigs. It is not as good at the HSGI belt, but it is half the price. Either way, both are good options. Hope this helped a little. :D
[url=http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/myfragisfubar]
[/url]

Rest easy Big D.
TM VSR-10 G-Spec
KWA M9 PTP
killertn

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Ok, Thanks! I may look into the ATS an see if it would work for what I'm doing. If not, I won't mind shelling out the cash for the HSGI. I rather pay more for something that will last than buy multiple pieces of gear that break down easily.

I'll be running a Blackhawk! Omega Ultra Drop Leg Holster so that's another factor...

Edit: I looked at it, it looks nice but the HSGI just flat out impressed me from all the tests people have done. I was watching a video of the Tactical Taylor belt and as soon as he said the price, I clicked off. You can get the HSGI and the belt for about $90 (hopefully I could get one used). Also, the HSGI comes in "Fluffy friendly" sizes so I shouldn't have to worry about it not being big enough.

Guess I made the decision for myself.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:37 pm

I haven't tried anything else, but I did own a Condor battle belt for a little while. I don't know if you've ever run around wearing a plate carrier (you've mentioned that you don't play much), but that gets uncomfortably toasty fast, even in the middle of winter. When I added the battle belt, the extra padding jumped the temperature (and consequently the discomfort) by a noticeable amount. My lesson from all this: Condor battle belts are probably not a good idea, and if I put padding around the kidney area of my back, I automatically start sweating for some reason.

I will say that HSGI does make a good product, and they have earned every penny of the high price tag you're looking at. In a world where everyone's going to China for cheaper manufacturing, they've also kept their manufacturing center in the good ol' US of A. That's worth something in my book, too.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Yeah, If I ever run a PC, it will probably an RRV chest rig with the bib down unless I like it up and a hydration backpack on my back. I try to keep just the essentials and not look like a running U-HAUL when I run across the field.
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:55 pm

I run it when I use the P90. Other than that, I prefer to drop it at the car and carry my stuff in either a dump pouch or the Flecktarn hydration carrier backpack I have (that's currently what I store CO2 tanks in). Unless I'm wearing it as a part of a costume, there isn't a need to carry it with me if I'm not using any of the pouches.
vulrath

Postby Faulken » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:37 am

I've ran the Condor brand Battle belt, it had two slots on the side for sub loads (for drop legs) and it held up great I bought it back in 08 or so. Been using it ever since until recently no problems except for the opening to where the inner belt goes through it has frayed at both ends. Looks like crap, but still functions. THE HSGI belt being that you can pick one of those up for $75.00 is well worth it when the fact the condor retails for around $30, Also the HSGI "tacos" Are amazing, Now the tacos and such ARE a bit pricey but for an overall Belt setup I dont think one can go wrong with the hsgi. When I order my next belt it will be HSGI but its going to be for Real shooting, not airsoft. but at the same rate I could always use it for both as muscle memory does go a long way in quick reloading.
Freelance Operator.
current association: N/A
Faulken

Postby Rainbow6 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:50 pm

I run the ATS combat belt and LOVE it. It fits nicely, and feels great! ATS also backs all their stuff with lifetime warranties, which is an added plus.
YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Rainbow6 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:08 pm

I've had zero problems with it slipping, and I don't even run the suspender. It actually does a better job holding my pants up than my actual belt does!
YM/CPL
Lt. Alexander Bonnyman's Unit

PARALLEL 38 AIRSOFT
http://www.parallel38airsoftteam.com/
Rainbow6
AirsoftVet

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby NavySEALs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:26 pm

I have had friends and team mates run both for CQB. I personally plan on investing in a HSGI battle belt as soon as I can afford it. The belt is amazing quality and will not even slip worn over a jacket. I have had no problem with space for enough mags either especially when I run a H harness. I would highly recommend the HSGI battle belt and if you do plan on running a cheaper battle bel I would suggest that you get some either suspenders or H harness for it. That is just my two cents. Hope it helped.
NavySEALs

Postby mrkenneth » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:02 am

My kind of battle belt is lightweight, comfortable, and adaptable belt which can use a wide range of pouches and holsters
Designed to fit most Molle gear and belt attachments on the market with 6 inch high density plastic insert provides rigidity
Even distribution of weight allows the user to wear the belt for long periods of time
Underbelt is woven through Molle attachments
Slots every 3 inches allow the existing belt to be exposed for mounting holsters or other gear
Weighs less than 8 ounces.
is not the best weapon for an enemy; The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy

Another Enemy
mrkenneth

Postby vulrath » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 am

You guys are necroposting. Stop, lest you incur the sarcastic wrath of the forum's personality.
vulrath

Return to Gear Discussions