[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Combat Shirts Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Combat Shirts

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Combat Shirts

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:34 pm

I just got my new A-TACS FG combat shirt in the mail! :mrgreen:
Anyways, here's my point. My mom wants to return it because she thinks its too small. Combat shirts are supposed to be kinda tight on the body, but not on the arms, correct?

Gavin

Re: Combat Shirts

Postby vulrath » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:42 am

Combat shirts are supposed to be like wearing Under Armour shirts. The theory is that they hug the body and wick moisture away, while keeping an appropriate amount of body heat in. Every one I've seen has indeed been tight on the torso and a bit looser in the arms.
vulrath

Postby NavySEALs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 pm

The person above me is correct. It should be tight in the area that is cotton and loose in the rest. It is made for wearing a vest over it and not overheating.
NavySEALs

Postby MILSIM » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Yes, combat shirts are supposed to be tight. Look at my kit pictures, I'm wearing my issued MASSIF one. They are not designed to keep in body heat at all, they are to ventilate your core under a layer of kevlar pads, ballistic-ceramic plates and cloth. It should fit you snug around the shoulders and chest, but have plenty of play around the elbows and forearms. Your mom isn't very tactical. Tell her to just start doing push ups until you're tired.
You'd be surprised what you can hit when you aim.

GHK all the way.
MILSIM

Return to Gear Discussions