[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - ak 47 is the best.... Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

ak 47 is the best....

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

ak 47 is the best....

Postby aquariusmediaa » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 am

hey all,
i think ak 47 is the best gun.. accoring to you which gun is best...??

| |
aquariusmediaa

Re: ak 47 is the best....

Postby 45 Bravo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:32 pm

In REAL LIFE there is no "Best" gun, each has its on purpose for which it was designed.
Guns are like golf clubs to some guys, or like shoes to women.

No 1 gun can fill every role,
you would not use a scoped bolt action sniper, to clear a room,
You would not use a M11 to snipe someone from several hundred yards away.

If you are operating in an environment that is dirty, dusty, muddy, or all of the above, or where you have limited resources, limited or no supply chain, and far from NATO/US forces, then yes an AK is the ideal weapon as you can find spare parts, and ammo in almost every corner of the world. In its STOCK ISSUED form, there is a limited number of enhancements for the AK.

If your mission is multifaceted, you have the option with the M4 series to add accessories that will make your mission easier and safer (Optics, Lasers, Ergonomic grips, Adjustable length of pull to account for body armor thicknesses, grenade launchers and so fourth.

If you need to hide a pistol on your person you will use a small weapon like a PPK (Old School James Bond) or Keltec,
not a AMT Auto Mag or S&W 29 (Dirty Harry).

The world of Airsoft AEG's is somewhat different:
An Ak47, Or AK74, or M4, or Galil, or M14, or M16, or M1a1 (Thompson) are ALL pretty much the same inside once you get past the outer shell.

They are ALL a piston driven by a spring, to shoot a plastic BB at a target.
Airsoft is all about looks and feel, what gun do you like the looks of and how it feels in your hands.

I am mot a AR-15 fanboy only, I like AK's, I have owned one, and will probably will again, but the ergonomics on an AK are a little short for me, I have owned SKS's i put them in the same boat with AK's dead reliable, takes a beating, will rarely if ever fail.

I Like the M4 style (versatile, and can change calibers quickly), I like the AUG style, (Long Barrel, short overall length), I like the G3 series, (simple, delayed roller lock breech, and reliable), and the P90's (small, fast reload, bottom eject, outstanding penetration with the stock chambering), I like the M1 Garand and the M14, and the Auto Ordinance (Thompsons.)

There are VERY FEW designs that I don't like for some reason or the other.

Having said this, I ask you, in your opinion, why do YOU think the AK is better than all other weapons made?

I will make 2 predictions here;
ON THE DATE WHEN US TROOPS ARE ISSUED AN Energy Pulse Weapon,
1. the US Soldier will have on his person a version of the Colt 1911,
2. and he will be aiming the NEW Weapon at someone carrying an AK.

45 Bravo
I make 2 predictions;
45 Bravo

Postby Gavin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:52 pm

That's a funny question. I think it would go in the guns discussion, but As far as airsoft goes, M4/M16 based guns are the best because of mag compatibility and upgrade parts. there's just not nearly as much aftermarket AK stuff.
Gavin

Postby ReaperM14 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am

OP is a bot... Lol
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby Russel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:28 pm

I couldn't tell if he was a bot or just stupid. They make a bot for trolling now?!
Russel

Postby ReaperM14 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Lol that's what all bots are for.
Team Yakuza
OP: SoCo, Squad 2-2 (2012)
OP: Fulda Gap, Warsaw 120th (2012)

KWA M16 BR
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP Compact
Tokyo Marui MP5k
Tokyo Marui Mk23 SOCOM
Tokyo Marui M3 Super 90
ReaperM14

Postby BigRed1 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:29 pm

OP may have been a bot, but 45 Bravo gave an excellent response -- especially at the end!
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby 45 Bravo » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:14 am

When I saw the OP, I was not thinking bot.

I was thinking 10-12 year old, and his parents bought him an overpriced Walmart AK..
And he just ripped his friends with their spring pistols in his back yard..

45 Bravo
I make 2 predictions;
45 Bravo

Return to Gear Discussions