[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Optics Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Optics

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Optics

Postby Cypher5018 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Hey, wanting some opinions real fast. I am looking for a dot or holographic sight to mount on my .22 Rifle. It is a M&15-22, so I was looking at EO clones and Aimpoint's.

Im wanting a sight that will cowitness the irons and will hold a reliable zero for a .22. Can you recommend any good brands of sight? And I am not spending more than 100 shipped (really, I dont want to spend more than 80 shipped) considering I dont want 1/5 of the value of the gun to be a replica sight.

Will a EO cowitness a M4 sight height or would I be forced to look at aimpoints (I know they can) or a flipup rear sight?

Cypher5018

Re: Optics

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:35 pm

I've been researching a bunch of .22's lately because I'm thinking about picking one up so I could probably help you with this.
You're not going to want to go Airsoft for an Optic, most Airsoft Optics struggle to hold a zero on a GBBR and a .22 will kick more than most GBBR's will. is an optic that most Real Steel shooters will swear by for a replica Aimpoint T-1. They are pretty much in every way an Aimpoint without the Aimpoint logo on the side and a few differences in the internals. All of the mounts they have on the site are either super expensive for true cowitness or are 1/3 or 3/4 cowitness. If you buy the sight alone and then couple it with , you will achieve your true cowitness.

If you want something that is paralax corrected, you can pick up their other and add on the additional high rise mount (in the drop down bar).

BTW, Very nice .22 you have there. I've been thinking about getting one but the price is pretty much the only thing keeping me away. I'm looking at getting a Marlin 795 and making a few changes to it.
Care to share some pictures? Also, Thoughts about the gun?

Here's a video of a guy beating the sight up:
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Cypher5018 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:15 pm

I absolutely love my 15-22. Ive put well over 2000 rounds through it, and had maybe one misfire, and that was the round's fault. I use Remington Gold 525 bulk, and it loves it. I love the weight--it is about 5-6lbs, and just feels natural. My old ISC M4 weighed more than it. It isn't the cheapest option out there, but is by far one of the best quality dedicated .22lr armalite rifles. Originally I was looking for a SIG 522 or GSG5 MP5, but these both were in the upper $500's. I found my 1522 used at a local store for $400.

The upper and lower are polymer, as are the rails. Mine does not have the threaded barrel or birdcage flashider, but did come with a flip up front sight post, and a milspec short sight at the rear. I have considered getting a MBUS or other rear sight, but wanted to see what I was going for first. The receiver extension tube (fake buffer tube) is milspec standard and is also polymer. The trigger is very crisp and predictable, leading to a very accurate rifle. The only wiggle is in the LE stock, as the receivers fit perfectly together, and I am looking into getting a MOE stock or CTR. It is not picky about ammo (unlike my .22 pistol), and does not care to get a little dirty or go a little while without a cleaning. It breaks down exactly like an AR15, and the upper comes right off. However, the lower cannot accept a .223/5.56 upper. I really love this gun, and feel that it is every bit worth it. For me, buying it used and with some ammo, I got out the door for $445 ish.

I currently have a UTG 4x20 mildot scope with 5.56 drop compensator that I mount on a AR15 carry handle. It adds quite a bit of weight to the gun and makes it top heavy. I like the scope, but the reason I want to replace it is the paralaxing....It is ONLY designed to be on a AR carry handle... and when using the flat top mount, has to be in the same spot due to the SHORT SHORT distance for it to focus with your eye. I personally like irons, but enjoy what optics can do for you. However, I will never run a gun with only optics and no BUIS.

Ive been looking at Aimpoint style sighs or EOtech sights due to the AR15 design--I cant bring myself to use a simple dot sight. However, I will NOT actually buy a $400+ sight for a $400 rifle. You addressed my two main concerns on the nose: Co-witnessing (I dont mind 1/3 or true cowitnessing, either works) and losing zero due to well, stuff cheap construction.

I was looking at sights similar to what you posted, the aimpoint clone, and
http://www.amazon.com/Style-Military-Ta ... 064&sr=1-9

I'm also curious if the Magpul PTS CTR and MOE would work, considering it was a .22. I am not trying to cheap out and cut corners, but with AR type rifles it is TOO easy to dump half or as much as the gun cost into accessories.
Attachments
100_1098.jpg
100_1098.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
100_1097.jpg
100_1097.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
Cypher5018

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:40 pm

From the reviews on that EoTech replica, I would stay away. If you want paralax corrected then that M3 I linked you to earlier will do you great. I don't really know of any EoTech replicas that Real Steel shooters will swear by other than an actual EoTech.

As far as the CTR/MOE stock thing. You can always try to find someone that is selling one for cheap but if you are REALLY on a budget, you could go the ACM/Factory reject route. I try to avoid this as much as possible to support American Jobs but sometime, the ACM is just too irresistible...
I've ordered from this company to get some XTM's (because the price for the real deal is just stupid). They are overseas and they offer free shipping. Don't expect anything special but the shipping is kinda on the slow side. I ordered when they were having a warehouse change and it took 3 or so months to get half my order (the other half came in like 2 weeks or something like that). I've heard that has improved since I ordered last though...
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/magpul-ctr ... 111?item=4

As far as the M&P, I might consider it but I heard recently that someone is going to be producing AR conversion kits for the Marlin 795 (basically like an Arch Angel kit for a 10/22) which will be full metal. Pretty much, the reliability of the 795 in an AR body.
Even then, I may just opt for a larger stock and just leave it in a rifle configuration...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Cypher5018 » Sun May 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Totally going to look into that M3, just have to find it in stock.

Can you tell me a bit about this site? Ive never seen them before, but like you said, they are pretty terribly tempting. If it is factory reject, does that not mean its broken?

Your route sounds like what I was going to do--I was looking for a used 1022 to drop into a archangel body kit to make it into a G36. But I couldnt even come across a new 1022.
Cypher5018

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sun May 06, 2012 5:32 pm

You won't find them anywhere else except from that site because I believe you can ONLY get the sight from the manufacturer (unless you get lucky and they have an external retailer). I bet if you send them a message, they might have a few laying around the store and they haven't updated the site yet. I've heard they have some really good customer service so that should be your best route to getting one.

They are mostly ACM stuff with very good attention to detail. I know people that get the ACM stuff and sometimes can't tell it apart from the real stuff. Here's a video from a guy I know that bought one:

My main problem is finding a 10/22 for cheap and even then, I'll have to put a bull barrel and do some trigger work to get it up to a Marlin and even then, I can get a brand new Marlin for the same price of a used 10/22. Only downside to Marlin is that they don't have a lot of aftermarket stuff so you have to be happy with what you get minus a few upgrades. Being that the gun is fantastic out of the box, I could care less about Aftermarket...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Cypher5018 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Wow, I think you just sold me on that CTR. I sent PA an email to see if they can give me an ETA on stock. Im liking the M3 and M4 options, and it looks like the M4 may be a better choice. It already comes with a 1/3 cowitness mount, and has 4 dot options including a dot in circle, which is similar to the EO's (I find eotechs ugly, but love that 65moa ring with 2 moa dot)

I agree, it was very hard for me to justify my choice with the S&W. I was looking at the S&W M&P1522, GSG5 MP5, and the Sig S522. The Sig was one of the best options, but came with no optics or irons, and was the most expensive. The GSG5 is not imported anymore and finding one was difficult and the prices were adjusted accordingly. Honestly, that was the gun I wanted most. I stumbled across the M&P that would go on to be mine looking for a Ruger or GSG5. I love AR15's, and plan on purchasing one when I graduate college. I wouldn't give this gun up now that I have had it so long. Sure, it would be cool to have had the threaded barrel version, so that I could consider a suppressor in the future, but frankly, Id rather spend my money elsewhere (800 would go a long way towards that AR15). All in all, I am more than pleased; but it is pretty hard to not be pleased with most .22lr guns.
Cypher5018

Return to Gear Discussions