[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Will this damage my gun. Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Will this damage my gun.

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Will this damage my gun.

Postby Kurt » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:28 am

I'm going to be helping some friends with a little movie project in the near future, and for that project I'll likely be using my KWA KP45 match as a prop. What I was wondering is if I lock the magazine spring down to keep the slide from locking after firing, and fire the gun empty would I be risking damage?

Kurt

Re: Will this damage my gun.

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:13 am

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Kurt » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:22 am

I'd considered doing that as well. My main concern was that firing it empty like that might damage something. The other option of course is to actually load and fire it, and let creative editing put something in front of the gun in the final cut.
Kurt

Postby cagecrasher » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:29 pm

I may be a little too late to reply to this, but unless your friend is using a camera with an extremely high shutter rate it won't catch any bbs coming out of the barrel. That way you can fire it loaded and not have to worry about dry firing it, which typically doesn't hurt a gun too bad anyway...as long as you aren't doing it on full auto every moment of the video...
KWA SR16, KWA KM16-BR, TM Commando,TM G36C,
Echo 1 G36k, Classic Army M24, Custom Scar-L, Custom A&K SPR
KWA M93 Rafica, KWA ATP, TM M92F, HFC M9, HFC .357 Magnum
cagecrasher

Postby Kurt » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:19 pm

I just didn't want to fire it loaded because that might not be an option, depending on where we're shooting.
Kurt

Postby Grumsy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:02 am

Just dont fire it without a mag. Dry is OK. Just pull the follower down inside of the mag a little ways and tape it or something.
In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Won't fire without a mag anyways.
Kurt

Postby Grumsy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 am

I meant drop the hammer on the pin without a mag in, in some guns that can cause issues.
In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Return to Gear Discussions