[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - im new Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

im new

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

im new

Postby Gman » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 pm

hey im new to this whole thing and need to know what to buy and get thats allowed and legal.example being gear,wepons,backups,case or no case,and things like that. i live in TN just in case the rules here are different.

thnx agian,
Gman

CHRIST RULES!!!
Gman

Re: im new

Postby THE MERCHANT » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Hey! Glad to see you into Airsoft!

Noobie? All you NEED to play locally would be: a rifle, mags, and a LBV (load bearing vest)

As far as what I reccomend for it all would be what I recommend to ALL new players. For the rifle? Any M4 mag compatible rifle. A reason for it would be is mag versatility. If your on a pinch for ammo, you could easily share mags. HIGHLY recommend mid capacity magazines. As far as brand goes? (don't hate me for this guys!) It depends on your budget. JG, Echo1, G&G. These are the higher quality "beginner weapons". If you plan on being a dedicated player, I HIGHLY suggest you don't mess around with cheap toys. You will save so much money in the long run. For these I suggest: KWA, Tokyo Mauri, G&P. I know TM has bad rep, BUT they have one of the best airseals. (All my opinion). Added note! AEG's are the most popular and less expensive, also preffered.

Gear? Again, depends on the budget or if you're trying to replicate a "load out". Go for MOLLE webbing equipment. No cross-draw horse stuff, unless you really prefer it. It's all personal preference. Mags,mags,mags,MAGS! Cause I HATE sharing LOL :mrgreen: . If you go with an AEG, you'll need back up batteries. 9.6's are usually the more popular. Don't worry too much about cases until later. Back ups? Unless you're playing Lu games or Lion Claw games, GET ONE. Otherwise, don't. Later on, a side arm will be LOADS of help. Plus, they're fun for kicks and giggles and still work as a back up in whatever crazy situation you find yourself in. With these I recommend KWA GBB's and WE side arms. I've never handled anything else.

If you have any questions, man, PM me or post here. Whatever! This is actually my first real tour outside the sale forums, haha. But hey, I hope you find yourself liking the sport!
THE MERCHANT

Postby SL1DEmemphis » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks for this writeup. Ive been researching airsoft and I think I may order a gun, mags, and ammo. Still don't know what my budget is yet though. This helped though.
SL1DEmemphis

Postby Grumsy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Best thing you can do, go to your local field and watch. It will give you a good idea about the different gear people use. Find someone your size and take a look at what they are wearing. Find some stuff that looks cool that you like. One thing, if you start playing this and like it, the gear you buy when you start will be different than what you are wearing one year later lol.

Also, dont get hung up on your gun. Get a gun that works and is reliable to start with. Once you get going for a while you can upgrade and get off into different modifications. Get a gun then really start thinking about your gear. Getting a gun that shoots is easy (LOL) getting a load out that is comfy to wear and works for you...even when it is 100 degrees out, that is hard. Here is how my progression went:

Got a pimp(ish) gun
Got a nice plate carrier
pouches galore
too much weight
sold my plate carrier and got a condor chest rig
now i want to go back to my PC since I dont have enough room on my chest rig...

So now I am going to buy a PC for my AEG and rock my light chest rig for when I am "sniping".

Ill link some stuff that may help =)
In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Postby Grumsy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Ships from china
Ships from china

Also, dont forget: ebay, craigslist and amazon
In war winning is all that matters. In a game, it is all about sportsmanship.

Grumsy

Postby flashpoint » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:00 am

For chest rigs I recommend Beez chests rigs, I bought one for my real steel AK and it's the most comfortable vest I've ever worn. My plate carrier carries way more but I prefer the mobility of my chest rig, mine carries 7 mags and fully loaded 7.62 x 39 mags are fairly heavy but when I put the vest on I can't tell I'm packing 210 rounds.
They make the chest rigs for differnt mags including M4 since your leaning that way. They also sell plate carriers too for a pretty good price. I don't have their plate carrier but if their anything like their chest rigs then it's top quality.

Chest rigs
http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Chest-Rigs_c5.htm

plate carriers
http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/Plate-Carriers_c4.htm

One thing to keep in mind with MOLLE plate carriers is the cost of pouches adds up quickly, I love my PC and all but I've spent almost as much on pouches as I did the vest. So most cost effective would be to snag a chest rig and then pick up a PC later on down the road.
flashpoint

Return to Gear Discussions