[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Help finding something Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Help finding something

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Help finding something

Postby Gavin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm

I have been looking for a plate carrier under $175 made of 1000D cordura. In other words, I want to get a plate carrier that I'll buy once and not worry about it breaking for a LONG time. Getting to my point, could anybody help me find a place not based in china that sells the Pantac 6094 PC in khaki? If not, maybe someone could give me a link to a similar plate carrier?

Gavin

Re: Help finding something

Postby KnoxVegas » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 am

Hopefully this helps, man. I have ordered from both places before, and both are stateside.

Airsoft Smith is currently out of stock, but you can always call them. They're just up on Ohio.

This is a comparable item by TAG, but more in the vein of the Pantac FAPC (which I actually think would fit you better). They make some pretty solid stuff.

I havent ever personally had any issues with the major overseas retailers like Ehobbyasia, WGC Shop, etc. Try around on there also. You've got my number too. Don't hesitate to get at me if you've got any questions.
ODA-865 ATL -

OP:BD V - OP:I VIII - OP:NL II
Fulda '11 - OP:I IX - OP:I X
OP:LS IV - Sov Fury '13 - OP:I XI
KnoxVegas

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 am

One big misconception is that 1000D is the best.
A lot of major manufactures are actually moving away from 1000D to 600D and some even 400D. What really matters is that everything is double-stitched and even triple-stitched in all of the right placed. 1000D PC's are going to be quite a bit heavier than one that is 600D.

I will second Knox on the Banshee. They are some of the best for the money IMHO. I would recommend one of those over the Pantac any day!

You can actually get the Banshee for a little cheaper if you look hard enough. TAG has been running specials for the Banshee on their Facebook page so I would recommend following them there to get the best deal.

Hope this helps!
Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby Gavin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:42 pm

I've read that same thing, Fluffy Boy. Thanks for the help guys, its very much appreciated.
Gavin

Return to Gear Discussions