So you wanna dress like a Marine

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

So you wanna dress like a Marine

Postby m4sherman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:20 am

well I am sitting here at Fort Lee bored off my tail so I figured I would do a little write up on how a U.S.M.C marine Infintry fireteam is set up. A Fireteam consist of four Marines which each fill a specific roll, the ready,team,fire or assist and here is each of their load outs. there is also a radio man in most squads but he can either be intergrated with a fireteam or a seperate entity (in a similer position as the S/L)

First you have the general U.S.M.C cammies in either desert of woodland depending on the envirment (woodlands weigh more F.y.i) your Flak jacket (with yolk,neckpro,nut guard,sappies) kevlar and boots. If that loadout weighs to much you wouldnt be wrong for going with some duce gear and a boonie cover. real U.S.M.C cammies are expensive but you can find used ones cheap because of soon as they get one good sized hole in them we have to replace them ($90 for the set). also nothing is strapped below the waist most of the time, if you need a pack just lookup S.O.G USMC packs for the general style as the current issue ones are made by the Marine Corps so they arnt on the market.

now for the fun part the load outs

First you have your Ready which just means basic rifleman, he is going to be your point man and will be carring the Standard issue M-16A4 service rifle with a Trojicon Acog on a Le-rue mount,Knights quadraill with a Peq-15 mounted on strong side. as for the rest of the gear it is pretty well up to him as he can carry as many Magzines and granades as he wants to. backup Irons are usually place on the rifles but the U.S.M.C can be getto sometimes so you may or may not get them.

Second you have the team who is going to be your fireteam leader he is set up very much like the rifleman but he has an M-203A2 attached to his rifle

now for the fun part the Fire, the fire is your automatic rifleman which contrary to what most people think does not mean he is a light machine gunner (M/G are in a seperate plattoon) originaly this position was filled by a Full-auto M16 but when we adopted theM-249 LMG (What We used to call the SAW) the position became kind of a bastard position. This position can be filled by either an M-249 which is being phased out, or an HK-416 with is going to be our new Auto-matic rifle. If using the M-249 you will usually have a M-9 and 1200 rounds of ammo P.S the Saw if friggen awsome to shoot and has damn near no reacoil

now for the team. this is going to be the guy who carries the extra barrels for the M-249 along with extra ammo but with the adoption of the HK-416 he will probably end up taking the roll of a second rifleman.

and as for a squadleader he uses an M4 Carbine (not a M4A1)

Now some grunt may come along and correct me (I am learning Maching so all of this information came from MCT not AIT) but as far as I know this is how an infintry fireteam is usually set up.

m4sherman

Re: So you wanna dress like a Marine

Postby W048444 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 pm

So a PoG Jarhead got bored in AIT and missed the spell check button on every military word in his post?

Pretty sure that "HK 416" you guys are phasing out the SAW with is its open-bolt cousin, the M27 IAR. Any six year old with access to Battlefield 3 could have told you that.

I'd like a write up on how to PMCS an M149A2 and prep it for sling loading.
2011 Viper Tech M4A1 CO2 GBBR
W048444

Return to Gear Discussions