[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Looking for a backpack with specific features Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Looking for a backpack with specific features

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Looking for a backpack with specific features

Postby vulrath » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Since I redesigned my external air rig to work better with a back-mounted tank (currently have the tank in a hydration carrier and the regulator in a magazine pouch with remote hoses on either end), I've been giving serious thought as to how to use my rig without using the plate carrier.

My current idea requires an assault pack with MOLLE webbing on the shoulder straps. I need to put a pistol mag there that the regulator will go in, and I'm hoping for one that has enough room for 2-3 20oz tanks (there's an idea I've been kicking around that involves running several CO2 tanks in parallel; I'd imagine a 3-day pack would probably fit the bill). Color doesn't matter as long as it"s not black (I'll take Multicam pattern'd if available).

Thanks for the assist.

vulrath

Re: Looking for a backpack with specific features

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:17 pm

Funny that you asked this. I'm actually currently working on a review for an SOC assault pack so I can direct you in the right direction.

I picked it up for around $75 (In CB). It's A LOT better than Condor but in the same price range. These were the bags that most would find over in Iraq on base for cheap and they were really popular and really tough. The regular (non-camo) colors are made out of 600D and the camo versions are made out of 1000D. They are HUGE! I took one on a trip and was able to fit about 8 days worth of clothes (that was with the bag compressed, if you don't compress it all the way, you might be able to fit more) into it.

You could probably pull off the tanks stacked with this bag but if you don't want that big of a pack, there is a three day "get away" pack that you can fit a good amount in.

Only problem I've had with it so far is that the buckles on the compression straps aren't the best in the world so when you go to compress everything with it fully packed, you might have a buckle pop loose.

Here's some links to both the Bugout bag and the get away bag. If you have any questions just let me know...

Armory:
-PolarStar'd VFC 635 w/ R-Hop
-KWA USP Compact
-Custom Zombie Killer KJW 1911
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:31 pm

The most important feature that I need is the MOLLE webbing on the shoulder straps. I need this to store the regulator. I'll try to get a few photos of my current setup in action to demonstrate how I plan to use it.
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 pm

It's has D-rings and the fabric has loops to allow you to slip things through it (almost like MOLLE). Not sure if that would work...
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Here are some photos to help my attempt to explain myself.

The air rig out of the vest

I know I could always go with a chest rig and the bare minimum of gear on it, but that's not really what I want because I won't have room for the daisy-chained CO2 tanks
vulrath

Postby Fluffy Boy 32 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:26 pm

I know that there is MOLLE on the back of the pack but I see that you are wanting it in the front...

Could you possibly run a battle belt?
Armory:
-KWA USP Compact
Fluffy Boy 32

Postby vulrath » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:32 pm

I can, but I tend to sweat like a fat kid in gym class when wearing those things. The padding does weird things with the way my body cools itself.

I'd prefer to find a pack that meets my specs, but that isn't to say that I'm not open to adjusting my specs. What I want may not exist exactly as I want it.
vulrath

Postby m4sherman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 am

Try this http://www.ebay.com/itm/USMC-MOLLE-ASSU ... 4abf934bbc

it has a strap on the front where you can add a small molle (one band) device but it is cheap and and tough as stuff.
m4sherman

Postby vulrath » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 am

I'm intrigued. The only thing counting against this one is that it's Marpat. I usually either run Multicam or black BDUS and tan gear. I've run not-matching gear before, but I just spent a small fortune earlier in the year getting all new BDUs.

Since I posted this, I picked up a new regulator and a more comfortable vest, overhauled my gas rig, and got pissed off at the reg not staying put and zip tied it onto the MOLLE webbing on the cummerbund of my vest. I'm probably going to see if I can make the rig more portable, but for now I'm taking the cheap route and just getting a pouch to store the reg and throwing the tank in my hydration carrier. Added bonus: it'll keep my water cold. :lol:
vulrath

Postby m4sherman » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:08 pm

If it works it works. And yea it is in marpat but it'd your just going for function marpat is a better camouflage according to the Army's latest testing
m4sherman

Return to Gear Discussions