Startup Gear

A place to discuss your questions, comments, etc regarding Airsoft Tactical gear: Vests, chest rigs, helmets, boots, radios, goggles, etc.

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, Sniper

Startup Gear

Postby MechaDraco » Mon May 18, 2015 8:31 pm

So as with guns, one needs a good setup for gear, camo, packs, safety gear, etc etc. and for me considering I have limited knowledge on all what is needed, I figured I would get on here and see what advice you all could give to me on here. Now I do obviously get the basics, your gonna wanna get some safety gear above everything, goggles, a face mask, balaclava maybe a helmet even, knee pads, elbow pads etc etc. However, I am looking for other stuff as well, I get that camo kinda works as camo does, urban, forest, and open camo's being the most basic and in the end not necessarily the most important thing, but what about other stuff like packs, gear bags, utility vests, chest plates, and camel backs.

I would get a camel back for sure no questions asked on that one cuse I already know I'd be sweating up a storm out there, but what other gear is important to have, and even though I obviously need the safety gear, I dont really know what would be the best for me. I am a heavier set guy and I've been told mesh goggles or mesh mask would be a good choice for eye and face protection, but is there perhaps anything else that could be considered good choices in that? and when looking for stuff like knee and shoulder pads, should I consider getting camo gear with that attached to it already, killing 2 birds with one stone as they say.

I have already looked at several pieces of gear and I will be honest, money is not really that big of a concern, I have even set up a list of gear that I thought looked decent, obviously I didnt want to commit to it cuse I wasnt sure what exactly to get, it ranged around 200$ for a full set, black generic camo outfit with built in pads for both knee and elbows, Helmet with attach locations for any kind of future stuff I might wanna get, Camel back, Tactical pack, Gear bag, face mask, utility chest rig, and some gloves, I already own a pair of hiking and running boots, and can get other boots at some military surplus stores we got around town, so didnt get that on there, also added a rubber knife for the why not factor. all of which ranged somewhere around 200-250$, now I dont know if thats a good price for all of that, and I dont know if I even was looking for the right stuff, so some advice on that would be greatly appreciated, links to stores online or in the clarksville area would be awesome, and any other suggestions, tips, or otherwise good advice you all can give on this would be fantastic, so message me or on here with anything you guys can give me.

P.S. as always I am still pretty new to the whole scene, so try to be understanding with that, and try to be as informative and simple as you can. THANK YOU ALL!!

MechaDraco

Return to Gear Discussions