[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - Tennessee Airsoft League Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

Tennessee Airsoft League

Organized Airsoft events within TN

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, maddcatt, Sniper

Tennessee Airsoft League

Postby Dood » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:06 pm

Limited seats for teams

First Season will be composed of 5 players +2 per team.
4 League match days per season
Matches will be held at Battlefield and Deadend airsoft fields
All Matchs will be played on Sundays

League will consist of two formats.

1. Accuracy and speed- team will run through a gauntlet shooting assigned targets. there will be kill targets and non kill targets.

2. Team play - the second focus of the League will be based on team play. Single objective small field play.

There will be individual skill challenges inspired by the IDPA model.

Prizes TBA

Dood

Re: Tennessee Airsoft League

Postby Dood » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:04 am

I'm going to reply questions on the forums because people may have the same questions, that is if you PM'd me.

5 team members and two for back up. Yes you can sub players in and out, but only before an event. For village / verses aspect of the league, i'll be discussing the rules with the team captains.

Prizes will accommodate every member of the winning team up to 7.

Yes only 4 match days, but they will be intense. one day it'll be precision/accuracy. the team will run the course several times in a day. the course should only take two mins to run through. Once battlefield has their outdoor field in working conditions, the league will utilize every aspect of the field.
Deadend- high paced moving matches...meaning? there will be timed re spawns, smoke cover, and double edged air strikes. these matches are not to take more then 10mins each. A stale mate will earn little to no points.

Feel free to ask questions here but pms are fine too.
Dood

Postby Dood » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:42 am

Well the point of the league is to give a extra competition that a lot of you guy seemingly want. it's not about the prize because it's not going to be mind blowing.. let's put this into perspective. This is all about organized competitive fun.

yes it cost to play $50..for a team. A team with no backups and just 5 members ...that's 10 dollars a person. 10 dollars is covering 4 different days. In other words you are paying $2.25 per day....with the chance of winning prize(s). Nobody is making money off this league, instead, all those helping to make this happen have donated time and money. This is about YOU as a player, and we as a community .

Break down:
7 man team
$7.15 per member
$1.79 cost per player per match...the cost of one liter of soda.

There will be no torrence for cheating. person/team that is cheating will finish their run/course. I personally will approach the team captain privately after the play and explain where and how the cheating occurred. This will not be subject for debate.
first offense. The team will lose all points for that match/course. and the person(s) cheating will have to be replaced for the day or play one man down.
Second offense...Pending on intent/malice of the nature, the entire team will be removed.

Everybody knows that in Airsoft it is impossible to have 100% ref coverage unless we put a ref to every player. If you can not police yourself or your team, the league will.
Dood

Postby RandyCapp » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:22 pm

RandyCapp

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am

I hear your concerns and I respect what you are saying. and here's an example

30lbs of gear and a camel back, 3000 rounds of ammo in the mags strapped around a plate carrier, for example. So a bb hits a Mag.....the player does not feel it. does not call himself out.

I can understand the complication here. Is it fair to wear so much gear that you can say with all honesty you did not feel it. I personally do not wear what the average player does, Not just for mobility , or to reduce my size, or to increase my speed, or to silence my movement, But to know when I've been hit.

The format in which the League will present it's matches, People will quickly see the disadvantage of all the gear they have on..not only because summer is practically here..but there will be no need for 3000 rounds..thus avoiding the most common arguments seen on the field today. Safety gear is safety gear....

what i'm trying to avoid....

players that play with out honor, and considering the sport...they are playing the wrong game...go shoot some paintballs or something.

Would it be fair if, i wore thigh holster on each thigh, ammo belt around the waste. camal back, vest rig, strap 15 mags around my center mass, double sharaf around my neck, full face mask and a hard hat. through in knee pads elbow pads.. leaving what open to shoot at? hands/arms..knees and face? where is the honor?I'm not judging those that do wear a lot of gear, or say that anybody that is geared up has malice intentions....It's to avoid the whole situation all together. consider the leagues more of a Spec. Ops simulation then it is mass troop domination. objective based speed ball?
Dood

Postby RandyCapp » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Agreed completely, I feel maybe a GEAR limit could be implemented?... I dunno what ways there are around to getting that done lol.

And I am sure you all have already thought of this, but if you limit the ammo capacity pretty to a pretty low number not only will you urge people to dress lightly, a lot more skill will be involved as well.
RandyCapp

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:45 pm

I don't think going as far is gear limitation would be a direction the league should take... first concept, If you fear the bb, I really doubt you would sign up for a league...but say I'm wrong. I believe the matches will govern that in itself...

picture this..

squad of 5 huddle in a hall way. We are in Battlefield., it's roped off and targets are placed behind windows and corners...so you have a set path. your squad will be given a color target...aka Kill targets...Other targets are Civ ...aka Non-kill targets. the lights will dim before you go. Once the green light is given, the clock begins deducting points..high score for kill target formulated with time= winning team. second run through will be change of colors, change of path, perhaps smoke :wink: , timed again.

considering the rules of 30rds per player 6 max with pistol. 1 primary 1 pistol max.....considering nobody else shooting at you...though facegear/ eye gear are still required..how much gear will one need? considering the clock.

DeadEnd...possible concept...vip. Small village setting. vip defecting from homeland with vital military intel. he has ballon strap to his chest and back. find him, extract him...vip dies, both team loses.

another possible concept...small vill setting, 2 mags(mids) per player. ammo cache located in high profile location. locate. and hold for 2mins. timed re spawns once cache found.

Gear requirements will be minimal due to type of play.....

The small vill setting will have fps limits, yet to be announced pending design.

lol consider it a skill workshop...you'll find it very useful when visiting other fields...say Bad Karma...or say cqb city..=P
Dood

Postby RandyCapp » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:02 pm

are you planning on doing these events with two opposing teams that are competing? Or more of a 1 team go in against players who know what to do and where to go?
RandyCapp

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Battlefield will be mostly single team until the field has a working outdoor field.

Deadend will be opposing and will most likely hold the pistol competition.
Dood

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 pm

If at all possible, If people can email the applications to TenAirleague@gmail.com so I can start working out some scheduling and expectations .

Would like to have it all in by May 1, money can be handed to me in person at the fundraiser at deadend, teams that do will receive league patches. Can set up paypal if that is easier for a few of you
Dood

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:00 pm

If at all possible, If people can email the applications to TenAirleague@gmail.com so I can start working out some scheduling and expectations .

Would like to have it all in by May 1, money can be handed to me in person at the fundraiser at deadend, teams that do will receive league patches. Can set up paypal if that is easier for a few of you
Dood

Postby Dood » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:58 am

I'm sorry guys, I could have sworn I put the play day.

Sundays will be the match days.

for team sign up deadline has been pushed back to May 15. First game day will be June 12

come on out to DeadEnd on June 5 for their villa grand opening party for the Tal Meet n Greet. sample what type of targets you may be shooting at and get a lay out of the Rocky Ridge villa!
Dood

Return to Local Events