noob day 2014 @ bad karma airsoft march 15

Organized Airsoft events within TN

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, maddcatt, Sniper

noob day 2014 @ bad karma airsoft march 15

Postby gnarkill » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:10 pm

I was wanting to wait , but I guess I'll let y'all know now.

YES THERE IS A NOOB DAY

it is being ran this year by me and the core team .
yes polar stars are allowed as long as they bring their own reg lock or don't mind me getting out the duct tape.

the cost for noob day is $5 per person. this is to help with maintain the field and costs of the event.
we are not implementing any kind of restriction toward noob or vet. as long as you pay your $5 you can play.
that being said. this year we are partnering up with camp horizon. same charity I helped back in august. its a summer camp for kids going through or survived cancer.

we are bringing back the raffle this year. we are in contact with A LOT OF VENDORS. and are trying to make this the biggest noob day ever. as of right now I know that Nashville airsoft, black market supply, and middle Tennessee airsoft are definitely down. also working on getting some others like BG airsoft, r&r airsoft, kwa, echo 1, elite force, voodoo tactical , and a few more.

everyone that comes to the event and registers their waiver, pays the $5 gets 1 raffle ticket. the camp horizon folks will be selling additional raffle tickets that proceeds go to the charity.

there will also be 2-3 possible food vendors as well as ALOT of non airsoft vendors there for the parents.

if you have and food or mercy vendor that would like to attend they need to contact me no later than February 15 to secure a spot. vendor row will be massive.

also anyone wanting to volunteer there services for help whether be parking, Reffing, chrono, or ect. need to contact me by march 1.

March 15th, 2014 boys and girls, mark that date on your calendar and make sure you get LOTS of sleep the night before because you're gonna want to get to the field early and you WILL be tired when we get through.
If you are not familiar with Noob Day, then let me take a moment and tell you about it. New players to the sport or the field and their PARENTS are highly encouraged to attend Noob Day. It is geared entirely for you guys. Playing on the Bad Karma field is a BIG step up from playing in your back yard with friends. Those $30 Wal-Mart guns you may have been playing with simply won't cut it at the field and if you're used to playing with five to ten of your friends, you can expect 150 PLUS on normal play dates at the field. It is a BIG difference. And let's face it, it CAN be intimidating to the new players.
Mom, dad... we want you to understand the sport your kids are about to get into AND to be a part of it in at least some small way. This isn't football, or baseball... THIS IS RUNNING AROUND IN THE WOODS SHOOTING AT EACH OTHER WITH BB GUNS! And quite honestly, if played correctly and with a little common sense, is THE MOST FUN SPORT your kids can do, bar none. And NOOB DAY is where we take the time to show you all about it.

7AM SHARP

1) The field gates will be open by 7AM on Noob Day. The main parking lot can accommodate up to 200 people. Once it fills up, you will have to park down at OFFSITE PARKING JUST DOWN THE ROAD. If you park at offsite, you will either have to walk to and from the field (it isn't far) OR catch a shuttle if one is running. There is a $1 charge to ride the shuttle. Those guys are doing us a favor and they need to pay for their gas. If you have a lot of gear, it's worth it believe me.

The main parking lot will fill up FAST. If you get to the field later than 8AM DO NOT EXPECT TO BE ABLE TO PARK INSIDE THE MAIN PARKING LOT! WE ONLY HAVE 3 HANDICAP SPACES AVAILABLE AND IF THEY FILL UP, I AM SORRY, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO PARK AT OFF SITE! NO EXCEPTIONS! There is NO PARKING on the road. If you park on the road, your car is subject to being towed.

2) There will be airsoft vendors on hand for the event, selling everything from parts, to guns to bb's to gear and clothing of all kinds. If you don't have a gun or anything and just want to come by and see what all the hubbub is about, you are more than welcome to do so. You and your parents will find a LOT of information and you can watch a couple of games being played if you want to as long as you have eye protection (SUNGLASSES ARE NOT EYE PROTECTION. Minimum that is allowed are ANSI rated wraparound glasses you can find at Lowes or Home Depot)

Parents and new players are more than welcome to browse the vendors, walk the field and see the sites until about 8:45 when we will begin rounding everyone up for the safety briefing. PARENTS, we encourage you to talk to the vendors about equipment and AEGs while your kids are playing if you do not go down and watch them play. There is a wealth of information you can get from these guys and sometimes it's easier to do when the kids are not around.

9AM SHARP

3) Gonna be a lot of people at the field for Noob Day and we will need to get the day started by 9AM. The primary safety briefing for the day as well as a COMPLETE set of rules and behavior guidelines will be gone over beginning at 9AM SHARP. Normal safety briefings take about 10 to 15 minutes, but Noob Day takes about 20-25.
If you have never played on a big field before OR ARE NEW TO THE BAD KARMA FIELD, we highly suggest that you be on time for the safety briefing. There is a lot of important safety and rules info.

10AM SHARP

4) We will have the first game underway by around 10AM. We normally play for a couple of hours, then break for lunch and will pick the games back up around 1 or 1:30PM and play until around 5PM. The Main Gates are open until 6PM.

WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO NOOB DAY?

A GREEN or CAMOFLAGUE LONG SLEEVE SHIRT AND A BLACK LONG SLEEVE SHIRT
We divide into 2 main teams to play on game days, GREEN & BLACK. We tell the side you are on by the COLOR OF YOUR SLEEVES. If you decide to wear desert colors or something OTHER than GREEN AND BLACK, we will still put you onto a team, but it will cause confusion among the players. You should be prepared to get shot a lot, even by your own team and FRIENDLY KILLS DO COUNT!

A RED DEATH RAG
A red death rag is the ONLY thing that lets other players on the field know you are dead and on your way to respawn. Wearing this while you go to respawn tells other players NOT to shoot you. Walking around the field WITHOUT a death rag on is a CERTAIN way to get yourself shot. If you forget, they will be on sale at the field for $1 each.

STUFF TO DRINK AND ENERGY BARS
The field DOES serve lunch for $5 (burgers, hot dogs, chips & drink) but sometimes we run out before everyone gets through line. Besides, you will need WATER and SPORTS DRINKS throughout the day to keep you going. Energy food is a plus too. There are NO vending machines at the field. There will be vendors selling snacks and stuff, but PLEASE try to bring at least a small cooler of your own stuff. No one will take it.

PARENTS MIGHT WANNA BRING SOMETHING TO SIT ON
Parents who do not want to go down and watch the games are more than welcome to sit up in the parking lot and read, sleep, whatever. It's pretty shaded.

BB's, A FULLY CHARGED BATTERY, and THE SIGNED WAIVER
You CAN NOT PLAY without a signed and dated waiver. If you are under 18, your PARENTS MUST ALSO SIGN AND DATE IT. You can find these on the website and in the forums. There will be extras on hand in case you forget. There will be vendors on hand selling supplies, but we have no way of knowing just how many people will show up to play and there is always the possibility that they may run out.
Also, even though we do have a generator running on game days, BATTERY CHARGING SPACE is EXTREMELY LIMITED, so you need to fully charge your batteries the night before and hold off on shooting until the games begin to get the most life out of your batteries.

CODE OF CONDUCT FOR GAME DAYS
Complete game day rules will be gone over at the safety briefing, but every player showing up to play on the field needs to know that Airsoft is a game of HONOR. Yes, we all love to win, but this is NOT an online game where you can be an ass and no one will never really know who you are. When you get shot, PEOPLE KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN HIT, and when you just shrug it off and keep playing, you INSTANTLY show everyone around you that you are a CHEATING DICK and people will remember you for that.
By the same token, understand that you are firing PLASTIC BBs. They may look like real guns, but they are nowhere near them. Just because you put half a magazine downrange at someone does NOT mean you necessarily hit them. People who do that then start complaining or hollering "HER HIT! CALL YER HITS!" are almost as bad as the cheating dicks are. Refs will be all over the field and if you feel someone is cheating or doesn't feel their hits, ask a ref to go check them and we will.

ALL GUNS ON THE FIELD WILL BE CHRONOE'D BEFORE WE PLAY.
The accepted field FPS limits for all guns in use is shown below. All guns will be chronoe'd with OUR FIELD .25 BBs, not yours. if your gun is shooting OVER these limits, you will NOT be allowed to play with it. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to check your gun's FPS before you get to the field. Chronoe'd guns will be tagged and the tag must remain on the field for the duration of the day. If a ref spots a gun without a tag or finds a gun that has chronoe'd and has been tampered with, you will be dealt with on the spot. Just because you get your gun chronoe'd. does NOT mean that you cannot be spot chronoe'd later during the day.

AEGs 425 fps with .25 gram
NO MINIMUM ENGAGEMENT
SAWs 485 fps with .25 gram MINIMUM 50' engagement
SNIPER 550 fps with .25 gram MINIMUM 100' engagement

A Sniper rifle is one that can ONLY BE MADE TO SHOOT SINGLE FIRE. If your gun can be swtiched to FULLY AUTO, it DOES NOT QUALIFY as a SNIPER RIFLE

Parents are more than welcome to stay and watch, take photos, etc. We have plenty of orange ref vests and will be glad to let them borrow one. Same thing goes for spectators. If you know someone who might not want to play, but would enjoy watching, we have vests and eye protection to spare.

gnarkill

Re: noob day 2014 @ bad karma airsoft march 15

Postby n00bguy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:10 pm

I'll see about joining in - I'm in memphis but I'll look into it. Really excited.
n00bguy

Postby SSA-Walker » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:40 pm

See the line at top of OP re: P*'s
SSA-Walker

Postby gnarkill » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:42 pm

noob day update

so ...it's gonna be a big one this year guys. we are going all out. AS OF RIGHT NOW the confirmed vendors on site are

black market supply
middle tennesse airsoft supply
sgt. bob's camo
nashville airsoft
s&s airsoft
r&R airsoft
black water marsh airsoft
redfox1airsoft

as well as donations from
polarstar
evike
revision

still getting emails in, so more maybe added.

don't forget you must bring the following

green and black shirt
safety rated glasses
death rag (red rag)

and don't forget guys, the raffle items are all to raise money for charity...so bring your wallets
gnarkill

Postby Hooper » Tue May 06, 2014 6:00 pm

How was the attendance at noob day?
Hooper

Postby gnarkill » Wed May 07, 2014 3:10 am

1027 on the field playing. with another 150-200 as vendors, parents, refs , ect.
gnarkill

Return to Local Events