Camp Firefight Ohio

Organized events hosted throughout the CONUS(Continental US)

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, maddcatt

Camp Firefight Ohio

Postby omenone » Tue May 04, 2010 3:11 pm

What is CAMP FIREFIGHT? An extreme sports show focused around timed competition of 2 military style missions. Contestants compete in pairs by running a predetermined course, completing course objectives along the way and eliminating opposition forces known as Hunter Force. Prizes are then awarded to top scoring Contestants. CAMP FIREFIGHT will be aired on many of your favorite forums and websites. As well as regional broadcast networks starting in Ohio. CAMP FIREFIGHT will begin airing august 2010. The show will be filmed Jun 25-27th 2010.

The show will be 27 minutes total length and will feature two contestant teams per show as they run the course and compete for the best score. The show will use both fixed and gorilla cameras to capture the action. The show will be shot over the course of 3 days and produce approximately 13 episodes.

There will be 12 Hunter Force members. Hunter Force will always have one goal. Stop the contestants by shooting them. Each pair of participants will choose 6 opposing hunters per mission.

Contestants will leave Camp Firefight and proceed along the course route. They will have forty five minutes to complete each course and return to Camp Firefight. Contestants will be aloud to dispatch Hunter Force members and complete course objectives using any means at their disposal providing they do not leave course boundaries or violate safety concerns.

deployment/registration info: http://campfirefight.com/deploy.htm

The set of camp firefight (located on battlefront paintball property) will be catered and spirited by Miller's Catering of Connellsville

Sections of the field will be available for eliminated participants to play Airsoft for the remainder of the weekend.

Amped Airsoft is providing first place: TWO PTWs and second place: TWO Echo 1s they are also providing various supporting equipment and props. http://www.ampedairsoft.com

Opforce/DG is providing the participants training systems. You will not use your own aeg or gbb. You will use the one provided. The participant can and is required to bring a side arm. Opforce/DG will also be holding a raffle on the 25th.

Our (Omen Industries) intention is to make an explosive competition show specifically for airosfters to enjoy. We know we could never capture a milsim Airsoft event . We hope that everyone will enjoy what we feel will be a fun project for all.

Please stay tuned as we finish the shows website and open registration. As stated this is an Airsoftohio.com first dibs event announcement. So, weā€™ll be honoring rsvps from AO teams and AO members. Please include your ao call sign and your partners AO call sign.

CAMP FIREFIGHT

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello Everybody

My name is Nemo. I've been playing airsoft for a long time but when I started there was no AEGs, just pump action BB guns. I'm glad this sport has developed into a relatively safe form of recreation.

Thanks to all the people that are supporting this endeavor. When we started putting this project together we thought "What an awesome Idea it would be to have a show based on airsoft, designed by and built for airsofters but would appeal to more than just the airsoft community." Itā€™s taken quite a bit to pull the resources together for this but itā€™s coming together nicely and the support has been wonderful both from our sponsors and from the players as well.

We are shooting for 50-75 teams to show up. That is the target goal. Iā€™m confident that we can do it with the support of players from across the country. We have already gotten responses from as far away as Florida and even Hawaii. People are starting to sign up and it looks like we are off to a good start. Iā€™m sure we will be providing an entertaining weekend for everyone involved.

Just a quick note on some of the things we are working on.

1 Our prize packages are growing: As Iā€™m sure you all already know we started by offering up PTWā€™s custom built by Amped Airsoft. There are gift certificates, coupons and more. Not to mention the opportunity to be on the next show as a part of Hunter Force.

2 We will have major revisions to the Camp Firefight website by the end of the week. We are working on contestant forums, a more self explanatory registration page, a final mission page and lastly I promise Iā€™ll figure out why the host is a continuous loop (weā€™ve tried to fix that a few times now ļŒ ).

3 Iā€™m sure everyone will be happy to know that we are laying out some night missions. We are not sure if we are going to use them in the show as of yet but no matter what it will be fun.

4 The theme song for the show is in the recording studio as I type this. It is being produced by two very talented friends of mine and will be on their next CD. We will be giving away copies of the single (including bonus tracks) to all contestants and Iā€™m trying to talk them into a live performance on Sunday evening.

I hope to see a lot of guys supporting this so please join us for 3 days of airsoft and fun June 25-27.

Thanks
Nemo Sicking

omenone

Re: Camp Firefight Ohio

Postby omenone » Fri May 14, 2010 3:59 pm

Just a quick update on Camp Firefight.

This week we made some changes to the website.
1) We fixed the looping problem with the home page.
2) We added the contestant forums http://www.campfirefight.com/phpbb
Hunter force members are signing up to the forums hopefully most if not all will be signed up before the month is out.
Next week we are going to put up the Hunter Force Bios and we will be starting construction of the Vietnam style A Camp Firebase set for CAMP FIREIGHT. We will be posting pictures of the construction and the finished set.
Teams are signing up and we will be updating the contestant roster at the beginning of the month. We are extending the registration date to June 13th but sign up soon to ensure your spot.

Thank you,
Camp Firefight Staff
omenone

Return to Nationwide events