Iraq "The Experience"

Organized events hosted throughout the CONUS(Continental US)

Moderators: dogsoldier, Skidude, maddcatt

Iraq "The Experience"

Postby Gunney » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:23 am

Ever wonder how Iraq really is? What if one day you could take a simulated step into the shoes of an American soldier serving overseas?

On the day United States troops arrive in Tarwani, an unremarkable village with a mixed Sunni-Shiite population at the center of a wooded province, anti-American insurgents kidnap and murder the son of the town's deputy mayor. The American battalion's commanding officer, a thoughtful, bespectacled colonel who encourages his subordinates to be respectful and culturally sensitive, arrives with high hopes of winning hearts and minds in this remote area, but spends most of his time managing an explosive situation that is spiraling towards civil war.

On their first night in their new barracks, the arriving troops are attacked by insurgents who fire a mortar into the camp and briefly penetrate the perimeter wire, shooting several soldiers before escaping. A few days later, jittery U.S. troops fire on a vehicle at a checkpoint, killing several unarmed civilians. As the local population turns ever more anti-American, a local Shiite Imam orders the expulsion of all Sunnis and the deputy mayor's henchmen conduct a freelance assassination campaign. The U.S. Colonel orders payments to the bereaved families and promises the mayor aid in rebuilding the local water and sewer service, but the ceremony to award the contracts is ambushed by insurgents and turns into a chaotic firefight, with U.S. forces taking heavy casualties. Just a taste of what you could face out there.

The Southeast Joint Task Force brings you “Iraq”: The Experience – a 2-day, continuous, simulated Iraqi mission where you are placed in the shoes of a U.S. Army Soldier in the town of Tarwani. The missions and events that you will face are ultra-realistic and are the same kinds of situations that U.S. Soldiers face in Iraq and Afghanistan today. Taking place in the “World-Famous” Iraqi Replicated MOUT Facility on Ft. Polk in Louisiana, you will be tested in an ultra realistic city-sized area encompassing over 1 square mile. Real military vehicles such as the HUMVEE will work side-by-side with you during your operations. Special Effects, such as Simulated Improvised Explosive Devices and pyrotechnic effects give you the feeling of being on a “true”, modern battlefield. Live role-players with dynamic scripts make the town come to life by injecting authentic realism to combat situations.

From foot patrols, to meeting with local elders, Iraqi police, Military, and villagers – your mission is to keep the peace and root out the local insurgency in your area. You will be tested not only in your abilities to fight, but your people skills in tackling local problems with the populace. Will the U.S. Forces pull through to secure freedom and democracy in the town of Tarwani or will the Insurgents achieve their ultimate goal?

Go here for registration and sign up information … take your place on the front lines of freedom today!!

http://louisianaairsoftpro.com/forums/i ... board=89.0

Gunney

Re: Iraq "The Experience"

Postby Gunney » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Some things to look forward to if you plan on attending.

http://louisianaairsoftpro.com/forums/i ... opic=503.0
Gunney

Postby swat_commander1991 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:07 pm

I noticed the event update on the page. Please keep us informed, some of us were planning on going.
ODA-865
swat_commander1991

Postby Lt. Dan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:46 am

This looks very interesting. I might have to bring this up at the next Tactical MilSim meeting but i need to know this is a legitimate Op 1st. Gunny, are you an event coordinator? I noticed there isnt any info at the link provided.
Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby Sigmarius » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:29 pm

There was info listed, but it got taken down. I have a feeling it fell through, though I'm hoping not. A few of the guys on my team were planning on heading out to this one.

Team Leader: ODA-865
http://www.oda-865.com
Sigmarius

Return to Nationwide events