[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - County Parks and how to get permission Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

County Parks and how to get permission

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

County Parks and how to get permission

Postby BST » Tue May 04, 2010 1:50 pm

County parks and how to get permission

You’ve heard the saying, “it’s better to beg for forgiveness then ask permission”. I live right up against a small county park with a woods in Clarksville. I would like to host a little game for local players. I know the woods are use for hikers & ATVs & occasionally horseback riding. I know some of my neighbors hunt with firearms for squirrel and deer during the appropriate season. My thought is, “if you are allowed to use a firearm, who could object to an airsoft skirmish. I’ve already taken my boy out into the small woods and played around. People saw us including one I know who is an influential person in town. Nothing happened.

Question: would it be better to just do it, and deal with any fallout, if it even happens at all? Or, would it be better to try and go thru the official channels (red tape), and get official permission?
Plan:
1. post a couple of signs at trailheads into the woods warning people (especially horseback riders, and liberals) that they may see people in camo with bb guns.
2. Strict rules for players to only shoot at what they can positively identify, and then only single fire.
3. Bio BBs

If anyone has any experience with this type of thing or ideas for the plan should I try and do the official thing, please let me know. I have found in the past when working with the government, no matter the issue, you are always better off if you can point out a precedence somewhere and you have a well thought out plan.

Please reply in this post so others can see and maybe stimulate further discussion.

Brad, Sandy
& Tristyn
BST

Re: County Parks and how to get permission

Postby BigRed1 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:04 pm

BST, for your sake and for the sake of our sport, please do not do any airsoft on public land or around public people without getting explicit, clear permission from your local authorities. "It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission" was said by someone who then went to jail.

You don't need the hassle, and we don't need the bad publicity.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby BST » Tue May 04, 2010 5:51 pm

That was what I was thinking... bad for sport. Any ideas how to pitch to authorities? Main reason for post
Brad, Sandy
& Tristyn
BST

Postby BigRed1 » Tue May 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Well, on private land, it can be as easy as simply notifying the local cops of what you're going to be doing.

For land bordering or encroaching on public land/parks....it's not near as clear. Talk to whomever is in control of the land. If, as you say, there's been hunting on that land, then at least there's precedent for a wide use of the land. Although I'm not sure I'd want to play airsoft on a piece of property known to be used by those firing real bullets.
Airsoft Elite (ICS) MP5A4
CYMA M1A1 Thompson
KWA Glock 17

"Overkill is underrated"
BigRed1

Postby Bayonet777 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:52 pm

i was playing on public land with my friends once and our local S.W.A.T. team showed up because someone took the wrong idea. Its safer to play on designated areas. and at least for me I'd rather not repeat the experience of being on the business end of Real Steel M4's again
C/MAJ Kevin Hardy

Gothic Serpents Airsoft

Call Sign ARCHANGEL

FHS JROTC Hoo-Ah

add me on facebook Kevin Hardy
Bayonet777

Postby BST » Thu May 13, 2010 4:13 am

Any more ideas?
Brad, Sandy
& Tristyn
BST

Postby redneckemt » Thu May 13, 2010 7:50 am

Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it.

It's not that hard to find a legal place to play.
redneckemt

Postby BST » Thu May 13, 2010 12:18 pm

Ive talked with all the neighbors who border the park, no issues with any of them. One expressed intrest in joining in the fun. In the fall, during deer season people hunt without issues. The park is right next to my house and would be FREE.

Sure I could go out to Redriver for 15/family member, 3 of us would be $45 each time. I could go to FT Campbell for less but is a pain in the butt.

I pay taxes, a lot, our county tax is super high for property. I think it would be a good location.

I hear a lot of don't, can't. I am going to try, I just would like help if someone has an idea
Brad, Sandy
& Tristyn
BST

Postby BST » Thu May 13, 2010 12:19 pm

not saying anything negative about anyone's opinion above though. I appreciate any point of view sincerely
Brad, Sandy
& Tristyn
BST

Postby Oven Gnome » Thu May 13, 2010 5:51 pm

Being on the end of Real Steel M4s would scare the *bleeeeeep* outa me! In my opinion, get extensive legal permission. If you think its clear, double check. Then do it again. Maybe call the whoever is in charge of the park everytime ypu want to come out and play.
Oven Gnome

Postby Bayonet777 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:36 pm

being associated with the Military i know the damage a real steal M4 can do so i dropped my weapon and sat my happy ass down before one of them got jumpy
C/MAJ Kevin Hardy

Gothic Serpents Airsoft

Call Sign ARCHANGEL

FHS JROTC Hoo-Ah

add me on facebook Kevin Hardy
Bayonet777

Postby Strigol » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Be honest and upfront about it to the athorities

start off with the local law enforcement, talk with the chief / sheriff there and explain what you want to do, offer to show off the guns you're using, but don't bring them with you, especially into the building. You may even get a few extra players out of the officers

if they're ok with it, find out from them who to talk to in order to get permission to play on the land and ask them.

the worst thing you can do is waive a gun around, even if it's fake. All it would take is one stupid person to see you chasing someone through the woods with an automatic weapon to end everyones fun, permanently
Strigol

Postby Ross » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:16 am

I am also in Clarksville, and what woods are you talking about? I would certainly be interested in any local event if it had the proper permissions and so forth. Personally I think a Rotary Park game with maybe bio degradable bbs would be cool.
KWA MP7A1
KWA USP .45

H&K, Not a single compromise since 1949
Ross

Postby Dannick » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:37 am

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby -EAF- » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:57 pm

I was thinking about doing the same thing in the Smokey Mountains. My dad who is really up there in the Park Service said as long as you talk to the head person and explain everything it should be ok. Even more so since you can carry firearms into national parks and not get fined or anything.

Basically get with the right people and ask if you can play airsoft. Explain everything about 5 times so they really get the idea of what they are getting into and post signs every where if you get the rights to play on the property.

Thats my 2 cents about everything. I had ideas but I found out it would take lots and lots of work to get it up and running.
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Next

Return to General Airsoft