[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - fps limit problem Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

fps limit problem

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

fps limit problem

Postby Undead1152 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:12 pm

hey, im having problems with fps limits because i have recently put a new spring in my kwa m4 making it shoot 430fps with a .2 bb instead of 400fps. i have only played airsoft at my/friends houses and have been wanting to go to a highpoint game for a while but have unfortunantly have not been able to make it to a game.i have heard that insane paintball will be allowing airsoft games at their field starting the end of this week and they will be allow airsoft every day but with my gun shooting 430fps my gun will be to hot, my airsoft calculator app tells me that my gun shooting 430 with a .2 will shoot 385fps with a .25 so if this is correct i will be 10fps over insanes limit and 5fps over highpoints limit. if anyone can tell me what i might could do to get my fps down a little bit that would be great
thanks

"Death smiles at everyone. Only the U.S. Marines smile back."
Undead1152

Re: fps limit problem

Postby Hunter » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Cut a coil or two off of the spring.
Hunter

Postby C0L0N3L $aNd3rS » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Edit: Didn't see above post, sorry

You could cut some of the coils on the spring, making the fps lower and lower, but for that, you would need a chrono, or you could take it to airsoft tactical and get them to tweak it.
C0L0N3L $aNd3rS

Postby -EAF- » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:11 pm

You could do what they are saying or buy .3g that will lower it some more. Just saying. :)
Death Before Dishonor.

Strength And Honor

Guns:
Trying to build my collect back up
-EAF-
AirsoftVet

Postby Dannick » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Systema PTW
VFC HK416
KSC USPc
KSC G19
Dannick

Postby bigrik » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:28 am

Using a heavier BB to drop the FPS is not acceptable at most fields. the kinetic energy of a bb traveling 430 on .2's will be the same as one traveling 385 on .25's. Replace your spring with the original one and you should be fine for most organized fields although some require even lower fps readings. The norm here in my area is 400 on .25s, thats what we chrono you with. Regardless of what your using in your gun, a responsible field owner/organizer will use their own bb's to be sure.
bigrik

Postby Lt. Dan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:04 am

Just use it, i dont mean on the field i mean take it out in your yard and put a few thousand rounds through it. The Spring will settle resulting in a lower FPS reading.

Cutting the spring would be the absolute last thing i would consider doing, right after buying a different spring. :wink:
Lt. Dan

Location: On the Job while your playing soldier in pretend war-land

Postby dogsoldier » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 am

Where do you get that you'd be over the highpoint limits? HP limits are 400 w/.25 for rifle class, you'd be fine. There's not gonna be many people w/ guns that will meet insanes fps limit. If you want to lower it We can tune it wherever you want. We can drop it to insane limits but you'll be outgunned anywhere else you go.

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby The Mechanic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 am

Easiest way IMO, Install a barrel 3" shorter.

The cure for the common thief! -AKA -- punisherprock ---
The Mechanic

Postby Undead1152 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:22 pm

@dogsoldier
it says on the highpoint field rules and directions that highpoints fps limit is 380 with .25's so thats where i saw that but your right about insanes fps, i might as well just stay to highpoint and some of my friends houses but im going to try and make it to the night game, i cant wait!
Undead1152

Postby dogsoldier » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:01 pm

I AM THE GOATHEAD
dogsoldier

Postby Undead1152 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks for letting me know that I was told it had been changed when we updated. Guess not. I'll edit it.[/quote]

welcome
Undead1152

Return to General Airsoft