[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
TN Airsoft Forums • View topic - USPS Package Delay Discuss AEGs Sniper Rifles Tactical Gear

USPS Package Delay

Anything related to Airsoft that doesn't fit in another forum.

Moderators: Skidude, maddcatt

USPS Package Delay

Postby Tactical Donut » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:54 am

So, I sent out a package Monday, 09/13/10, to a buyer in Illinois which was supposed to arrive around Wednesday, 09/15/10. Unfortunately, the buyer of the package has not received the item and the delivery confirmation, tracking number, has not been updated at all since Tuesday, 09/14/10, which states that it was being shipped out from Memphis.

Yesterday, 09/18/10, I called up my local Post Office and the buyer's Post Office hoping to get some answers on the where about of the package. Sadly, neither were able to help so I called 1-800-ASK-USPS and the lady there helped me file an investigation.

As of now, the buyer and I are currently talking about what to do at this moment. Luckily for me, he's extremely patient and is willing to cooperate with me. Overall, tnairsofter's, has anyone here ever been in this situation? If so, what might the outcome be and what should we do at this moment?

Formerly Known as McKnight
Tactical Donut

Re: USPS Package Delay

Postby xandman » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:19 pm

What was in the box, and did you insure it? If it was a rifle or pistol it could have gotten flagged if his area/county/city dosnt allow airsoft, or someone from ups might of stolen your box....I have had customs nab a few things from me while I was getting stuff from Japan, even when I shipped stuff to Canada (even with there airslft laws) and it all got there in 1 piece. I would just stay on top of the investigation and see what happens.
Friendly neighborhood armorer
Leader of team "yakuza"
忠誠心 , 名誉 , 尊重 , 正義 , 勇敢 , 慈悲
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
Remember " Big D" "1978-2009"
xandman

Postby Tactical Donut » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:57 pm

It was an Echo1 G36c, packaged extremely well with lots of packing tape and no, I didn't insure it because I thought I wouldn't need it but now I feel like that was a mistake.

I am shipping it from Southaven, MS to Urbana, IL.

ADDED: I shipped it with Priority and the box was plain brown. Had no airsoft indications on it.
Tactical Donut

Postby redneckemt » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Always get insurance. As long as the Goverment runs the Postal Service. They'll lose packages all day long and refuse to pay for the lost items.

Best bet is use. Fedex or UPS both automatically insure up to $100 and will go higher for a very small fee.

Got screwed by a Real World Company that shipped USPS instead of UPS like they said they would. Didn't insure. Package got lost and I'm out $50. USPS is not they way to go.
redneckemt

Postby Tactical Donut » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah, I can feel that now. Hopefully the package is just delayed like in some situations I've heard and that the people 'investigating' it will find where it is. But if all doesn't work out, I'll refund the guy, of course.
Tactical Donut

Postby Tactical Donut » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:42 pm

Great news, great news. Apparently the package was only delayed and it finally arrived to the new owner. Oorah.
Tactical Donut

Postby xandman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:43 pm

It was probably "inspected" by one of the sorting offices. I have had some "delays" when I ship, once I shipped to a buddy of mine in middle TN and it took 4 days...it takes me 3 hours to drive there. I bet once it was scanned and it looked like a firearm they looked at it and sat on it for a day or 2.
Leader of team "yakuza"
Irene VI, Irene VII (squad leader), Northern wind V, Northern wind VI(squad leader)
xandman

Postby Hunter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Are they allowed to check packages that are shipped inside the country?
Hunter

Postby xandman » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Leader of team "yakuza"
xandman

Return to General Airsoft